• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Rapid hair loss

J

jm88

Hiya, I'm 21 (male) and I've been slightly receding around the sides since about 16 but very slowly. However, in the last month the rest of my scalp has suddenly been losing hair very quickly and it seems to have come from no where.

I was just wondering is this normal? In 2 weeks I've lost more than I have in years. I always imagined it would be gradual process...

I'm not sure if this is genetic hair loss or maybe something else is wrong. Does this seem quite quick to anyone else?

Thanks

V

VCM761

Go see your family doctor, this sounds quite alarming. Does not match MPB hairloss pattern.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Yes this is very quick.I would also advise you go see your GP.

Have you any pictures you can post showing before and how its looking right now.

J

jm88

I don't have any pictures no. I will try to see a GP soon but I do worry I'm just desperate for it to be non MPB related. It's still slightly hideable but 2 months ago it wasn't an issue.

I was sorting my hair out one day about a month and a half ago and noticed there was less thickness and I could see clear unfilled lines in my hair which kind of surprised me as I look at my hair everyday and then about 2 weeks ago I noticed clear thinning of hair which seemed so quick.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking but I thought MPB would A) Not happen this early and B) Not lose so much in a couple months.

V

VCM761

Keep the forum informed on what your family doctor advises.

K

khair

In this situation, it seems as if there is something else that is causing you to lose your hair; this is not regular MPB.

I think you should visit your general practitioner and describe to him what has happened to your hair over the past month and see what he says.

Has there been a dramatic change in your life over the past couple of months? Sometimes dramatic changes in one's life lead to rapid hair loss for a short period of time.

Please keep us informed.

J

jm88

I'm getting a blood test taken but she seemed to dismiss it as MPB. I'll update if I get anything new.

V

VCM761

You got my curiosity going now, hope all goes well with the tests.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Any news on the bloodtest.

Hope it went well.

bm.

M

michaelmast

Hi, what can i do i have the same situation i loss a lot of hair if two days, what can i do?

Smoking is bad for you

R

Ronnie63

If you're going through any type of sudden hair loss, rapid or steady, it's a wise decision to see a physician. Every individual case is exclusive, and your physician will be ideal to offer you the right type of treatment.