• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Regrowing lost hair

C

chris1986

Hi, I'm currently trying to grow back my hair, and i'm wondering, are there any products/pills/supplements that I could use to grow it back? The thing is I had a full head of hair just a few years ago, and since then I started taking creatine to help with putting on more muscle at the gym and since then I've noticed my hair is thinning, particularly on the sides of my head and massively on my left hand side. I've heard that when you stop taking creatine it grows back but the thing is I'd rather not stop taking the creatine as I might lose a bit of pump and like the benefits it's given me. However if the only way to grow my hair back is to stop the creatine then it's something I'm going to have to do...unless there are hair growth products out there that can make it grow back without stopping the creatine? I've heard minoxidil is good for stopping hair loss, what about products that grow hair back? Does anyone know if any exist? Cheers!

B

Bobbins

I'm not sure there's a definitive conclusion on creatine. Some say it increases DHT which can result in miniaturisation and eventual loss of hairs.

DHT inhibitors such as finesteride will help, and in some cases help hair regrow that has not been permanently damaged.

If creatine does increase DHT, it won't necessarily be reversed when you stop taking it.

I haven't taken creatine for years since I too thought it accelerated my hair loss. My hair certainly didn't return when I stopped.

My advice is to start finesteride and stop creatine.

ninaross

ninaross

Yes, there are products that actually help with hair loss and also lead to hair regrowth. Switch to a more holistic approach toward your hair and scalp health. Go for natural and holistic hair products that have essential vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and essential oils. This can reverse the effects of the most common hair health issues. The more natural route you will go, the more beneficial it will be for your hair and scalp health.

Thanks! Let me know if this helps!

S

Salazar

Go for natural and holistic hair products that have essential vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and essential oils. This can reverse the effects of the most common hair health issues.
Does that include androgenic alopecia? If so, then what would you recommend?

ninaross

ninaross

Depending on the severity of the situation, there are fewer chances of reversing androgenic alopecia, but various treatments can help you manage the problem effectively.

Choosing the right hair and scalp cleansing products is essential. Holistic and natural hair products give your hair and scalp the nutrients they need without any harmful chemicals like sodium laurel sulfate, cocamide DEA or alcohols, which are usually found in 95% of shampoos. In addition to this, for androgenic alopecia, you can consider using DHT blockers and hair vitamins which will help in blocking DHT and/or providing the vitamins and minerals that lead to quality hair growth.

A_4_Archan

A_4_Archan

Valued member
I don't know about holistic approach or natural way to block dht other than saw palmetto ..and you cn apply onion juice which will help in blood circulation on scalp..
Other option is to use the fda recommended ones which is finasteride and minoxidil ...and if you dont wish to take pills than you can try topical dutasteride by xyon health which is has less systemic absorption and will work to reduce dht on scalp..

A_4_Archan

A_4_Archan

Valued member
Some people uses onion juice and some use rosemary oil ....minoxidil stimulate follicles and increase blood flow around it...so some essential oils are used for such purpose and even onion juice...but i never used it so i can't tell how it will gonna work out...

S

Salazar

Some people uses onion juice and some use rosemary oil
Thanks, A_4_Archan.

I've tried rosemary oil, although I'm not sure if I did it right (I never bothered with a carrier oil.) I tried it for about a year before loosing heart and quitting. I haven't tried onion juice.

I suppose the problem is a lack of data. With the exception of finasteride and minoxidil, everything else seems to be either anecdotal or based on very small studies. Still, I'm always on the lookout for something new to try.

Thanks again and all the best.

A_4_Archan

A_4_Archan

Valued member
Thanks, A_4_Archan.

I've tried rosemary oil, although I'm not sure if I did it right (I never bothered with a carrier oil.) I tried it for about a year before loosing heart and quitting. I haven't tried onion juice.

I suppose the problem is a lack of data. With the exception of finasteride and minoxidil, everything else seems to be either anecdotal or based on very small studies. Still, I'm always on the lookout for something new to try.

Thanks again and all the best.
Yeh they haven't been studied that much that's why i don't go for all that..i use oral minoxidil and oral finasteride and that gave me excellent result
Picsart_23-01-11_16-14-49-786.jpg
Picsart_23-01-11_16-12-47-888.jpg
Picsart_23-04-16_18-58-36-381.jpg

S

Salazar

i use oral minoxidil and oral finasteride and that gave me excellent result
I already take finasteride. I've yet to try minoxidil. When I started my treatment many years ago, I'd only ever heard of topical minoxidil, which I thought would prove too impractical over the long term. It's only recently that I've discovered oral minoxidil. I'm still a bit hesitant though, as it's another lifetime commitment. Perhaps if the percentage of people seeing regrowth was higher, I'd have less difficulty in taking the leap, but I still think that non-surgical options are more about prevention than restoration. That being said, from the photos that you've posted, it definitely looks as though you've seen some gains. All the best.

J

joanddd

I have been struggling with my hair loss problem since I turned 20. and I have no idea about how to take care of my hair. losing hair changed my shape and appearance. Sometimes I feel so insecure with my friends

ninaross

ninaross

You must first identify the root cause of your hair loss. Once the root cause is identified, then necessary steps can be taken to treat the whole person with natural and holistic methods. This will automatically solve the problem of your hair loss.

To get to the root of the problem, consider visiting a functional medicine doctor near you who uses a holistic approach to health.

M

MPBsucks1234

Valued member
You must first identify the root cause of your hair loss. Once the root cause is identified, then necessary steps can be taken to treat the whole person with natural and holistic methods. This will automatically solve the problem of your hair loss.

To get to the root of the problem, consider visiting a functional medicine doctor near you who uses a holistic approach to health.
Honestly I think this is a load of rubbish for male pattern baldness, would love to see real real of evidence of it working. Finasteride, minoxidil, dutasteride are your lines of attack. Maybe I should stand upside down to increase blood flow as well...