• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

REPAIR TRANSPLANT DOLL HAIR- HDC MEDICAL

escar

escar

Hello to everybody, the following case it will be interesting especially for those who have been butchered, unfortunately there are lots of people with this problem.

In this case the patient had received a typical butcher ´s work, ugly scar crossed by multiple scars caused by excessively tight stitching resulting in a typical Frankenstein scar, plugs, irregular surface of the scalp with ridding and pitting due to the incisions. An example of lack of aesthetic sense.

The approach followed by the medical team it was:

-Extract those plugs who requires
-Extract a new Strip with which repair the previous one
-Obtain an additional number of grafts with FUE with which cover more area of the scalp
-Redesign the first line
-Restore a normal appearance to the patient to allow him to move one with his life again.

The number of grafts obtained finally were:
-First day: 1.382 FUE
-Second day: 2.280 STRIP
Total: 3.362 Grafts

Here you can see the evolution of the procedure from before to the current 6 months after the op.

BEFORE:
2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

IMG_0004_edited.jpg

DURING

1 º DAY 1.382 FUE:
4.jpg

1382FUE2.jpg

1382FUE3.jpg

1382FUE4.jpg

1382FUE.jpg

2 º DAY 2.280 STRIP:
10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

AFTER 4 MONTHS:

tn_IMG_0040.jpg

tn_IMG_0041.jpg

tn_IMG_0042.jpg

tn_IMG_0043.jpg

tn_IMG_0044.jpg

tn_IMG_0046.jpg

6 MONTHS:
IMG_0003_edited.jpg

IMG_0004_edited.jpg

IMG_0005_edited.jpg

IMG_0006_edited.jpg

IMG_0007_edited.jpg

IMG_0008_edited.jpg

Last edited:
Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
This is the type of case where it is amazing to be able to combine both FUE and strip surgery. It looks like it is normal to slow growth but I am sure that given another 6 months we will see a remarkable change. The post op work is exceptionally clean. Very nice incision.

I suppose in such a case you need to weigh all things and I believe that this person now is going to have a little thinner than normal donor area (likely it looks like he was thin to begin with) but he most certainly won't have the freakish pluggy hairline. It is in my opinion a huge improvement to not have the hairline littered with plugs and the thin look will at least appear normal. Possibly there is still some donor shockloss which gives it more of a thin appearance.

NN

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
I am always happy to see a good repair...

Its not just about the skill of the surgeon and the repair itself... but also what effect it has in giving someone back their self-confidence... giving them back their life...

It is just so fortunate that there are good clinics and surgeons around these days who can do this sort of work..

Well done

Tim

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
I know first hand how this guy must have felt he must be over the moon as i am to finally be normal again well done hdc

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Great repair job done Escar.

He is looking tops now.

lost_youth

lost_youth

Valued member
Good repair job - looks like really nice clean work.
Great clear pics too...

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Escar

Has this patient sent any more updates to you as he will be twelve months post op now.

Thanks bm.

escar

escar

I meet him in Amsterdam last week but we did not managed to take new pics due to some problem with the camera, but a friend of mine will visit him in a couple of months and will take new pics, they are from Italy.

What I can say in the meantime is that the patient looks perfect in person with the hair very short, the scar it was almost invisible due to the hair coming through the scar.

The top looks dense and with full coverage of the area grafted, some plugs in the posterior are can be noticed by the experienced eye, despite the fact that even for me it was difficult to notice them.

Regards,

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Escar as it will be good to see him now.

bm.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
That would be great to see an update Escar. This is one of my favourite repair cases as it was unique to see the combination approach. The unique thing too is that it appeared like the prior surgeon actually believed that he was artistic in his approach. I have seen much worse pluggy work but this was certainly bad. I am sure that the patient is super stoked with his new look.

NN

H

HairHunter

Valued member
I really like the way these guys close off the scars. Im not an expert but Id guess this guys scar will be very thin!

What is the chance of getting a very thin scar for a 2nd Fut procedure? Im nervous about having FUT again. Is fue a better option after 1 strip procedure? (My scar is fairly thin, i can NEARLY pull of a #2 Blade and I'd like to keep it that way :) )