• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Sainsbury’s hairspray

B

butchered

Valued member
I really struggle to find a product to use on my hair and keep it in place. Sainsbury €™s Extra Hold hairspray used to be absolutely amazing. Amazing. Plus it was only 90p a tin! However, recently it has changed. It €™s garbage now. Looking on the Sainsbury €™s website others agree - the old one only had 5 star reviews, the new one only 1 star. I €™ve talked to Sainsbury €™s and they have said they changed supplier for all of their own brand toiletries. They wouldn €™t tell me the supplier.
Does anyone know the supplier or another company selling the same stuff? The same thing happened a few years ago, Tesco changed supplier but someone on here put me on to Sainsbury €™s as being the same product.
Any help on this would be great - I need the hairspray back!

Pete from Farjo

Pete from Farjo

Valued member
I'd have thought most brands of extra firm/hold hairsprays would be pretty similar in effectiveness. What did the sainsburys one do that others don't? I generally use either Silvikrin or any old supermarket one and they keep my hair in place when it's windy.

B

butchered

Valued member
Hey Pete, there was something special about the Sainsbury €™s one. I find most others really sticky or don €™t give me anything near the hold I need. I tried Boots own brand and it €™s ok but I still won €™t be happy using it. Might give Silvkrin a try...