• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Scalp Pigmentation

• Thread starter David from Stockport
  • Start date
D

David from Stockport

Valued member
Hi Big mac

Just joined your forum ,not been on any forums for a few years but thought id get back to it as still hope one day to feel happy with my head ! As u did mail replies to me a few years ago when I was at my worst (suicidal) I trust you . My history you may remember is 3 visits to Greece . As im only after the appearance of a shaved head I was wondering what u think of Scalp pigmentation/tatoos like shown on the website His hair clinic (sorry dont know how to do links ) it looks very good ,in an ideal world id perfer a massive session of beard hair fue ,but am still paying for Greece so unless my numbers come up !

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi David.

Nice to see you back,i`m pleased i was able to help you when you were feeling very low.

As for tattooing,i personally would not do it as tattoos fade and i just feel it would not look natural.If i meet someone who has had it done i may change my opinion but for now mine is a no.

Hope that helps.

bm.

D

David from Stockport

Valued member
http://www.hishairclinic.com/gallery/

Thanks - the above address is the site I was looking at .

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You should contact them and ask for patients to meet.Ones that are 12 months plus so you can see if the ink has faded etc.

Tattoos always look good for the first few months.

D

David from Stockport

Valued member
Ive sent for a brochure - if you look at the pics on website it looks very good , but then so do certain Hair Transplant clinics as we know to our misfortune !

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I had my first 3 transplants looking at pictures and docs website,they were a disastrous choice.You need to speak with former patients now as there are too many quacks out there.

If this work is so good i would expect there to be a few patients posting on the hairloss forums who`ve had the procedure.

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Yes... listern to BigM...

Pictures and brochues hide a thousand lies !! Some clinics have been known to use other clinics pictures and claim the work for themselves !!

I was looking into tatoos a couple of years ago to hide my donor scars... decided against it when I found out about the fading issues etc... I really do not think its a good idea, but like BM says I too have not spoken to anyone or seen any results other than photos on web-sites...

I understand your plight as have been there... anything that seems to be a way of "getting back to normal" can be very tempting...

Maybe I will be proved wrong... really do research these guys and make sure you speak to some patients and see the results for yourself.... again, as BM says... try to see patients that had the tatoos atleast 12 months ago... or even longer..

Sorry, dont want to depress you.... but also would not like to see anyone making their situation worse..

Tim

M

mars

Valued member
if its to hide some white dot scarring i dont see the harm,even if it fades over time..thats presumimg white dotting is the problem,i wouldnt chance it on my hairline or anything like that

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi David,

I echo Bigmac and Timuk on this too because I have seen numerous tattoos to the scalp with very poor results so far. It fades pretty quickly on the scar tissue and the donor scar area ends up looking like it has little blue vein lines throughout. I have yet to come across anyone who has been happy they went this route. I too will have to see a patient or two in the future to change my mind. Perhaps they have made improvements in the last year???

Welcome back.

D

David from Stockport

Valued member
Thanks for your views guys ,keeping an open mind myself its just that when I looked at all the Pics in there gallery the "results" are the look that I was after with my 3 sessions of fue -trouble is still cannot look at my head without feeling sick and ive now felt like that for about 27 years and as you guys know its so distressing -im only after the "appearence " of hair so this site looked like looking into .
If I had the money id just go for a massive "Beard " fue session ,must remember my lotto nos for sat!

timuk

timuk

David..

Am sorry to hear about your situation.. I know how it can affect your life... I used to avoid looking at my hair too close as it depressed me... though to be honest it was not that bad but it still got me down....

If there is no way you can get anything done then stick around in the forum... it can be a moral boost just knowing that there are people out there who understand can help... I know that it did for me.. sort of thought that I was not alone..

Maybe this is a bit of a sentimental answer to your plight..... but any positive influence is a benefit..

Will keep my fingers crossed for your lotto tickets

All the best

Tim

Last edited:
T.C

T.C

I looked at their website and the results look good although the strong dark hairlines some of them have just look fake.They say they are using a new technique and ink called MHT,only time will tell if it a good idea.Would consider this for FUE white dots if more positive consumer reviews appear.

topccat29

topccat29

29 year HT veteran
It might seem like a simple solution and a good idea at the moment. But looking back 10 years from now how would that same idea look. My personal opinion is that looking back it will have been a bad idea.

Faded tattoos look terrible. How do you hide that if you have less hair 10 years from now.

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Any chance you can post some pictures David,you can send them to me if you want and i`ll block your face out etc so no one recognises you.

Cheers bm.

C

campag

Valued member
hi david,
i recently joined forum,and am in a similar situ to yourself,as tim and others have said chatting and sharing story with others has been a huge lift for me,im left with bads scars after transplants and now with a cap stuck to my head,

may i ask,did u just have fue done,and what is your scale,

sram

D

David from Stockport

Valued member
Luckily although only about 10%of my transplanted hair grows becouse I buzz on top 2/3 times a week with no guard and keep the back and sides even closer (shaved completly everyday like u shave yer face ) i dont get any comments, I wont have photo s taken or look at my head in a mirror cos I just feel sick . Again luckily although ive had 3 Fue sessions ( 1 chest hair +2 scalp hair ) I was not butchered in the doner area so no-one notices -all ive ever wanted is that buzz-cut look (but with more hairs than at the moment) which is why in principle the His pigment website stuff is of intrest ,but as with like a lot of guys on this site when you have lost a lot of years and even more money on the problem you get very wary of all the clinics . Perhaps clinics should be paid on the number of grafts growing at the 12month stage ,not before surgery . We could pay the money into some type of regulator before surgery and on 12months they pay the clinic for succesful grafts and give us the balance back.

timuk

timuk

David..

The "pay per grow" idea sounds good... but would be impossible.... one reason would be natural growth cycle of hair... all hair goes through a resting cycle and at no time would all of the transplanted hair be there to count...

I am not sure of the "loss" rate on transplanted hairs... did read it somewhere and think its very low... you have to take the word of the clinic on how many grafts where transplanted and how many 1's, 2's, 3's etc etc

The thing to do is make sure you go to a proven clinics, with plenty of research, including feedback from patients, a poor result should not be an issue...

Even the couple of patients I have read about who went to a good clinic and were not happy had their issues addressed... sometimes being unhappy is a result of too high an expectation... but again... the good clinics will advise you on what can and what cant be achieved..

Cheers

Tim