• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Scar - advice welcome

J

johnmc

Hi mate just seen ur pics
If u have thinnin crown maybe try finesteride to help thicken it up
Regards to scar I had 350 fue put in
It looks ok when my hair is long but if I cut short can still see scar
I maybe need 3 to 4 ops of fue to hide it more
Fue into scars does work but some dont grow
If u want to go short combo of fue to give u the natraul look along with smp to cover it up much better
U could try dermatch for now but it is messy and abit of a pain in the arse

Would fin and min do anything for hair that has been scarred from when I was a child ? I don't have any real thinning apart from this area

P

Philwhitehouseuk

I'm not sure
Know fin will keep hair u have and maybe thicken it up
Minoxidil is a pain to use u have to use it forever daily
U could try fin for 12 months see what result u can get
Differcult cos scarring is hard to fix

S

Scarred UP

Would fin and min do anything for hair that has been scarred from when I was a child ? I don't have any real thinning apart from this area

Hair that's been lost because of scar tissue can only be replaced with new hair grafts transplanted into it.

J

johnmc

Hi guys, thought I'd give an update...spoke to a lot of top doctors and a few have recommended I try a trichophytic closure first and some recommend straight fue. Leaning towards fue at this stage as it is unlikely that the trico will allow me to wear my hair short whereas a couple of passes of fue might...

IMG_20200915_103854.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
If you have skin laxity a tricho closure could work well but on the other hand it could stretch a bit and show up with short hair. You look as though you have plenty of donor for fue. You could also stick some beard grafts in there.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
I'm obviously not a doctor or medically trained etc but if I were in your shoes I'm pretty sure I'd go the FUE route first and if it's still slightly visible afterwards then you could add permanent SMP down the line. Theres some excellent surgeons on here who could definitely fix this for you I'm sure. Good luck pal.