• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

sebaceous cysts after HT

D

ddd82

Hi all,

I'm having sebaceous cysts in the recipient area. I am approx. 6 months post-op at the moment. One or two cysts did come up one or two months after the HT, but I didn't took it too serious. At the moment I have 2 larger ones, where the hair also did fall off.

Does anyone experienced this also and how did you cure it !

M

mars

Valued member
hey d

Ive got one on the nape of my neck,only way to get rid of it is to have it surgicaly removed,i sterilised a needle a stuck it in to the cyst a few times and then squeezed it,a white semi solid keratin material came out,i thiught i solved the problem but soon after it refills so surgery is the only option,are you sure its a sebaceous cyst you have,it might be an ingrown hair(folliculitus)?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi and welcome to the forum.Have you any pictures of the cysts.

Usually a course of antibiotics clear them up,at 6 months they are probably being caused by your new hairs trying to break through the skin.

Have you contacted your doctor directly to get his/her opinion.

Take care bm.

D

ddd82

@mars

I went to the family doctor who said it's a sebaceous cyst.

@bigmac

please see the attached pic. This is a picture of the first one. Now I have more !

Please help me guys, what can I do ?!

Attachments

• Photo-0071.jpg
    Photo-0071.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 16,961
M

mars

Valued member
Well i spent hours and hours researching and from what ive read it was to be cut out for it to 100% resolved,its a sac under your skin that keeps filling with keratin no matter how many time you drain it,a hot damp cloth may melt the keratin and the body may or may not reabsorb it but it will return from my experience,do a search into google if you want more info their is a load of it their,its a small simple procedeur getting it removed dont stress!!how many have you?may be get a second opinion too

D

ddd82

The thing is, in the meanwhile I have lik 6 or 7 of these cysts. If I remove them all surgically, I end up with a messed up scalp (full of scars). And also it will be a waste of the grafts which were placed there.

Mars, did you experience it also on the HT area or only on your neck. Thanks a lot !

M

mars

Valued member
i just have it on the back of my neck,i dont know anything bout sebaceous cysts forming because of a trnaplant mine developed naturally and slowly it took 6 yrs for it to become big enough to bother me,also i lost a cm of hair under my cyst according to what ive read on line a cyst can damage and choke surrounding hair follicles if left for a long time which is what happened to me,the swelling affects blow flow or something along those lines..id reccomend go to a hairtransplant doctor with your problem,sorry i cant help further.