• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

So many questions and so much information.

T

Terry458

Hi all,
I have spent the last few months looking into hair surgery and sometimes it just seems like overload.
I sent off a bunch of emails and pictures to various clinics but the information back varied greatly.
One clinic saying one thing, one another, one even saying forget surgery for now and concentrate on slowing the loss down to start with.
How can there be such differences in information, especially when i was told i needed over 4,000 from turkey and closer to 3,000 in Belgium and 2,500 in the UK.
Yet I'm now only getting around to arranging to see some of these places.
if it helps I`ll put some pictures up after i get the Mrs to take some better ones as i have had my hair cut shorter as my barber said it looks better shorter.
Terry

J

Jackie Brown

I´ve had a similar experience Terry. I didn´t bother getting any quote from Turkey though. I come to the conclusion the graft numbers can change depending on the quality of the clinic and sometimes they think the more they quote the better it sounds. It also can be down to where they put your hairline. I had one clinic design a low hairline for me, much lower than I ever wanted. They changed it when I told them I hated it and went higher.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Terry, could we see some pictures of what your current hair loss situation looks like?

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
I agree would be helpful to see what your current situation is dude. If in your shoes I would try and get an in person consultation as they will be able to tell better on the graft figures.
Did the estimates come from you sending pictures to the various clinics....sometimes Skype or what app videos are more helpful when estimating graft amounts if meeting in person isn't possible.