• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

The One Show

Lucky

Lucky

Bollocks
Did anyone watch this tonight? I missed it but my brother mailed me to let me know, it should be on iplayer soon.

Peachy

Peachy

Yeah, I caught it. It featured that journalist who's been trying to flog his book on here. Adrian Chiles ripped into Farjo pointing out that he needed a HT himself....that did make me smile a bit.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I saw it too.

I noticed when they interviewed the general public asking would they shave or get a HT if they were balding,they never asked one person who was balding,just people with full heads of hair.

It also showed very little of the patients HT,maybe he will now post his pictures on here.

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
I also saw the programme, that Irish presenters fit......... anyways seen as though that journalist guys so famous now, I may request a signed copy of his book, its going to be a best seller I can see it now, JK Rowling eat your heart out. Interesting, that all the women asked during the public interviews said €œshave it off rather than have a HT €. I suppose they might think a little differently if their hair started falling out as we know it does in some cases.

Last edited:
Lucky

Lucky

Bollocks
omfg!

I just watched it, who the fck did Farjo's HT? not a good advertisement!

Lucky

Lucky

Bollocks
Heres the show for anyone interested: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00k9ppp/The_One_Show_05_05_2009/

Search to about 8mins 45 secs.

Prepare to cringe!

B

beardywierdy

What a Tool
I have just watched that clip on Iplayer- usual tired format, dealt with in a typical take the p*ss way, and not shown in a serious light whatsoever. Firstly, show a load of famous rug wearers- cue the shots of elton John etc, then show some bloke who has written a book about his experience- (someone who used to be very bald but is now not as bald.) No wonder people still take the piss and men feel ashamed about having HTs. All that Elton John stuff was years ago- why not show some real results like we see on here?
Don't think I will be buying the book.

Usual bollocks.

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
They obviously did very little research on the subject,Brian it would be good to hear your opinion of the show.

bm.

Baldspot

Baldspot

Valued member
Thanks for posting the link Lucky. Someone mentioned this at work and I hadn't seen it (made me a bit paranoid c;;9). I agree it's a bit disappointing that they can't treat it more seriously - mind you it is The One Show - not exactly known for it's in-depth reporting (I think the 'One' stands for the minutes spent researching their stories).

It's rich Angelica Bell going on about men 'growing old gracefully' and 'men are more bothered than women are' etc, etc

http://www.emusu.com/emusuplayer/mo...2007/AKALA & ANGELICA BELL AWARDS TIGHT 1.JPG

Lucky

Lucky

Bollocks
beardywierdy wrote:
I have just watched that clip on Iplayer- usual tired format, dealt with in a typical take the p*ss way, and not shown in a serious light whatsoever. Firstly, show a load of famous rug wearers- cue the shots of elton John etc, then show some bloke who has written a book about his experience- (someone who used to be very bald but is now not as bald.) No wonder people still take the piss and men feel ashamed about having HTs. All that Elton John stuff was years ago- why not show some real results like we see on here?
Don't think I will be buying the book.

Usual bollocks.
I totally agree

Lucky

Lucky

Bollocks
I heard Chris Moyles (another w**ker) ripping into the one show the other week.

Have you noticed how Adrian Chiles always looks at his wrist when he forgets his lines?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
That Adrian has got a mop to be envious of though even though a bit of a twit.

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

I can't watch this if I'm not in the UK *nl gayity!!! Ya, i know copy rights, etc. etc, but this is a GREAT spot for me to rant a bit----
The US/UK are cousins w/a long history, but now this quack Home Secretary Jacqui Smith is banning conservatives from coming into the country while keeping known terrorists in...wtf(?)...I only mention this because I fear this is what's coming to the U.S, that is: extreme liberal policies under the guise of "political correctness," tolerate ANY view so long as it isn't in conflict w/your own...

sorry, wrong place to rant /....[):h::

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
The American policies are pretty strict/crazy to some degree at the moment.