• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Time off work

duffman

duffman

Valued member
Hey all. How much time off work is generally recommended following FUE of 2000 graphs and how long roughly until the surgery is somewhat unnoticeable?

thanks.

B

beagle

Hi,

I'd guess it depends what kind of work you do. I think if it's a kind of job where you'd be lifting heavy things around then you'd need some time off as that kind of straining is advised against. I do computer work and I work from home so I was able to work the next day.There's no real pain by the following day, just a tad uncomfortable as you're still swollen and it starts to itch a bit.
I'd say a couple of weeks until it's totally unnoticeable, but after a week you start washing it every day and that's when things improve a lot

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Usually, 2 weeks is enough for your post op recovery to return to normal. All scabs should be gone, extraction holes healed and a little natural hair growth. You may suffer shock loss or redness which could be obvious to someone looking at your head.

Using a saline spray regular after surgery will help you heal quicker and should reduce scabbing.

S

Sammmuel

Depends on your work. If it is office, you can come 2-3 days after, if you feel ok with the look