• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

V-Beam Laser for Face

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

Has anyone had this or know much about it?

My face gets flush a lot and as a result has a redish hue to it (dialated blood vessels); a friend of mine had the same thing and got V-beam treatment and it looks fantastic. I had a consultation w/a dermatologist but he wanted to charge me 360% what my friend paid. I can't go to his dr because it's four hours away, & this is a laser on my face so I'd like to get it right...;;D but not get bent over and raped (in my wallet) in the process...sighs. Anyone have any info on this treatment?

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Sorry I can't help you out with more info about this laser but aren't there other clinics that utilize this laser with prices that's similar to where your friend went? I too would be very careful where you go since this is your face. Maybe it'd be worth the drive or a flight to where your friend goes? *nl

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Not familiar with it at all. Why won't you travel?? You went to Canada for a HT? Do you have to go several times--is that the issue?

Obviously the prices can vary considerably with any cosmetic surgery. Some places are increasing prices to rape those that can pay while others are taking the approach of lower prices to attract more patients.

Sorry I can't help you with this one.

Are you sure that the redness is not from you beaming with joy over your new hair?

NN

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

Nervousnelly wrote:
Do you have to go several times--is that the issue?
ya, my friend had five treatments spread out over five months- 4 weeks between each.
LOL nah, not from beaming w/joy. :T: just dialated blood vessels, guess I'm genetically predispositioned for it...not a major issue, but my face flushes easily.

Thanks Janna & NN. Z:B

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

maybe, if your santa clause (sighs) ::;mb lol;ss;

Attachments

• lge_Santa_071128022614146_wideweb__300x300,1.jpg
    lge_Santa_071128022614146_wideweb__300x300,1.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,121
Last edited:
janna

janna

Valuable Member
He has rosy cheeks all the time. When you blush, it means you're shy or easily embarrasessed. I think women find that cute...maybe not guys.

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

ahh Janna, so nice, always finding a silver lining. ;)
since no one knows about this stuff, I guess I'll be the guinne pig on this one. '''h;h;;h let you guys know how it goes, if anyones interested.

P

Paj

Did you have this procedure as i`m interested in this type of therapy.

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

Paj,

I haven't had it done yet, but my friend did and it looks amazing. Prior to V-Beam treatment he looked like he had an extra layer of RED skin over most of his face, after several treatments his face is clear and no real noticable redness.

P

Paj

Would your friend be so good as to add his pictures on here. I`d like to view them if possible.

G

gorgeee

Hello,

[align=justify]The pulsed dye laser or PDL has a long history of safety and efficiency in the treatment of cutaneous vascular lesion and other conditions. It has been used since the early 1980's and there are over 300 published scientific articles documenting its safety and efficiency. [/align]
[align=justify]Today the Vbeam is the latest advance in PDL technology. This unique laser offers longer pulse durations than previous pulsed dye lasers that allow effective treatment with minimal or no bruising and down-time.
[/align]Usually 2 to 4 treatments are recommended. Treatments are done in the office and last 15 to 30 minutes. There may be mild pain with the treatment but no anesthesia is required. Occasionally, a topical numbing cream may be applied prior to the treatment. In areas with a lot of redness or blood vessels more of the laser energy is absorbed and thus these areas may be more painful during treatment. For children with large red birthmarks (port-wine stains), intravenous sedation may be required. This would be administered by an anesthesiologist in our adjacent operating suite.
[align=justify]
[/align]
[align=justify]thanks!![/align]
[align=justify] [/align]

B

boycemory

Treatments are performed in the office and the final minutes 15-30. There may be a slight pain, but does not need anaesthesia. Occasionally, a topical aesthetic cream can be applied before treatment. In areas with many vessels or red blood on the laser energy is absorbed and therefore these areas may be more painful during treatment. For children with large red birthmarks (birthmarks), intravenous sedation may be necessary.