• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Very itchy and white small hairs

T

TransplantTom

Hello everyone
It has been 72 hours since my hair transplant in Turkey and both the recipient area and donor area are very itchy, making it hard not to touch them (though I haven't yet). Is this normal so soon after the transplant?

In the last hour or so I have also noticed there are some white hairs on the recipient area which is concerning. I have no idea what they are. Please see the attached pic.

I am massively overthinking everything atm but has anyone else experienced either of the above?

Attachments

• IMG_20200830_140216.jpg
    IMG_20200830_140216.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 128
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Have you been spraying your head with any type of post op spray?
The White hairs if transplanted must be from your donor area. Many people can have white a few white hairs even at a young age. They`re not noticed if in the donor region and lay underneath other hair.
Try putting Aloe Vera gel on your scalp to soothe the itching.
How many grafts did you get?

R

robertgiol

You can use antihistaminic tablet twice a day. And you can use water with sprey every two-three hours. I have lots of friend that transplanted before.

M

MrSpoon

Do you have any white hairs naturally?
Its possibly a bacteria build up tho on the head is extremely rare. I sometimes get this in areas where I sweat a lot. Generally armpits tho. Once they are secure, can you use your fingers to remove the white bits? Or is it the actual hair and not a build-up ?

S

Sammmuel

You need to contact the clinic. They may advise you some medicine to calm the itching down. Itching is normal in general, but if it is aggressive, need to do sth.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Itching is quite normal after surgery. What`s it like now?

B

Buzzcut

Hello everyone
It has been 72 hours since my hair transplant in Turkey and both the recipient area and donor area are very itchy, making it hard not to touch them (though I haven't yet). Is this normal so soon after the transplant?

In the last hour or so I have also noticed there are some white hairs on the recipient area which is concerning. I have no idea what they are. Please see the attached pic.

I am massively overthinking everything atm but has anyone else experienced either of the above?

Has the itching stopped? Does your scalp have any redness - soreness?