• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Vitamin injections following FUE surgery

L

Liam6390

Hi all

I've recently had a 1500 graft FUE procedure done at Harley Street health centre in Sheffield. When the procedure was completed, I was advised to have vitamin injections in my scalp for an additional £1,000. These hadnt been mentioned to me before in my consultation at all, so I refused. I'm curious as to just how essential they are and can the same vitamins not be obtained through the foods you eat. Thanks all!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Mesotherapy is a form of injecting certain vitamins to the scalp. It claims to improve blood circulation, reduce inflammation, neutralize excess DHT, stimulate collagen, increase follicle size to stop hair loss and stimulate hair growth.

Any chance you could share some images and details of your surgery?

L

Liam6390

Hey Bigmac

That doesn't ring a bell, the technical term was a long word beginning with M...I realise how unhelpful that is and I apologise. I was advised it would aid the growth of my new implanted hairs and that it was made up of multiple organic vitamins. As soon as I refused, the technician was quite happy to send me on my way.

So the procedure itself was 1,500 grafts on my hairline booked in Harley Street health centre (B.E Health Clinic) in Sheffield with Dr Mohamed.

The procedure itself didn't take very long, just over an hour to take the grafts from the doner area and another couple to implement them to the recipient site. The only unpleasant part was the injections, otherwise I couldn't feel a thing. I was out of the clinic within 4 hours and sent on my way with a small bottle of saline spray and a couple of pads.

The clinic itself was small and noisey as maintanence work was being carried out at the time. My experience seems a bit lacklustre compared to others at other UK clinics, communication wasn't great and I wasn't offered as much as a glass of water during my visit.

My procedure was on 27/06 so it's still very fresh, but I'm not feeling any pain, just swelling which is making its way down my face.

I've attached a pre op picture as well as where I'm up to now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200630_105145.jpg
    Screenshot_20200630_105145.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 142
  • Screenshot_20200630_105125.jpg
    Screenshot_20200630_105125.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 124
  • Screenshot_20200630_105100.jpg
    Screenshot_20200630_105100.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 148
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Can`t really see much from those pictures, some closer quality pictures and a top down one would be nice. 4 hours is very quick for 1500 grafts. How many people were planting the grafts?
Good to hear you have no pain, if you do get any discomfort regular pain meds do the trick. Usually, a clinic will give you an aftercare pack and instructions to follow.
Good luck with the healing and I hope you update your progress.
All the best.
Bm.

L

Liam6390

Yeah I expected it to take much longer as well, there were two technicians planting the grafts.
I was given some post-op instructions and a prescription handwritten on a blank piece of paper. I havent left the house so haven't been to attempt to collect any meds.
I'm currently 4 days post surgery and the doner area has healed nicely and recipient site is getting there.
I see contrasting information online about when showering should return to normal, when would you recommend I can get back to a normal routine as well as work on the scabs? At the moment I'm being very careful and not touching the grafts, just letting the soapy water gently wash over them and drip dry. Apologies for the poor pictures previously, I've attached a picture from above from this morning.

Attachments

• IMG_20200701_100429.jpg
    IMG_20200701_100429.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 130
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
On day 6 gently lather the shampoo in and leave on for a few minutes to soften/soak the scabs, then gently massage and rinse. Your grafts are securely in place by day four but that doesn`t mean use excessive force. Never pick a scab off.
How often did you use the saline spray and how long for? The post surgery spray usually prevents excess scabbing.

L

Liam6390

Thanks for the advice, appreciated! I used the saline spray every 30 mins for the first 3 days until it ran out, since then I've just been spraying with water every hour or so.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Spraying with water won`t really do anything now. Nature has to take its course and heal. Once you begin soaking and gently massaging those scabs are usually gone around 10 days post op.

L

Liam6390

Thanks for the info! I'll post some updates in the coming weeks

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
"Technical term was a long word beginning with M"...it was probably as BM said, "Mesotherapy", this is the term for injecting vitamins among other to the scalp.....yes seems a fast surgery..take care and hope it all turns out well for you.