• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

What about Dr Cooley?

P

pvtpoint2010

Valued member
Does Cooley do good work ?..........What about repair treatments........Ive been talking with his office and they seem to be doing the Acell treatments but they have limited before and after results........

Was wondering if anyone knoes more about him and his work........He has never posted many pictures

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I`ve met a Dr Cooley patient in person,his result was totally natural and looked great.I`d be happy to go to him if this result is the norm.

P

pvtpoint2010

Valued member
How come we never see his work highlighted on the forums?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You will need to ask him that.Maybe he gets enough business without the need for internet advertising.

P

pvtpoint2010

Valued member
Do you think Cooley and H&W do similar work?

H

hairtech

pvt,

In my opinion no. I worked for cooley. He does some things differently, i.e. Cooley uses tight sutures as aposed to H/W who use mainly staples. Cooley also does smaller sessions. H/W is known for larger sessions. Both clinics have good yields though.

P

pvtpoint2010

Valued member
What about naturalness and undetectability in hairlines......By the way Hairtec maybe you could help explain something from H&W's Video's

I noticed on several patients video's that many look dense and full in front view but when actually combed through they looked shingled and evenly spaced to somewhat sparse ........

Is that the lateral slit appearance?

Is that the most natural of techniques for hairline and mid section work?

Also I noticed they uses very strong graphs in the hairline with the saw tooth pattern .......I know this is their trademark approach but is it always the best approach?

Not knocking it just curious

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
H&W do great work. They are definitely known for their larger sessions. They have some very nice work and their hairlines are certainly natural. Personally, I don't believe that they have the most natural hairlines but they are very good so I am not saying that they are bad.

I would have to guess that there is little difference in the type of slit procedure in the recipient area. I have seen comparisons side by side and it is difficult to notice a difference.

If you want a very large session go with H&W but there are others that have a little bit more artistic ability in my opinion.

NN

H

hairtech

I agree with nn. And if you want to single out a clinic to do the best and most natural hairlines... you actually cannot.

This is because of a few reasons...

1. First of all, it is absolutely impossible to perfectly mimic what nature gave you... Clinics try to mimic nature as best as they can in terms of naturalness, but the density of what nature gave you is not what anyone can attain. If someone claims this... it is not true.

2. A transplanted hairline tries to obtain a visual perception of being full and dense... with less grafts. This means to the naked eye a 2010 hairline (from many clinics now a days) should look full despite the limitations of trying to exact the surgical vs. the natural densities.

3. Every seasoned good clinic whether it be Ron Shapiro, Paul Shapiro, Paul Rose, Cole, Bisanga, Mwamba, H & W, Cooley, Harris, Wolf, and many others... have their own "brand or signature", if you will of the type of hairline they have in their routine.

4. It is up to the patient and their research to figure out what they may want for themselves.

5. We at SMG use a similar saw toothed pattern. The Shapiro brothers use this type of approach to mimic nature as best as we can. We also use both lateral and saggital(sp) blades depending on many factors such as native hair where sites are made and the pattern of the design.

So in conclusion PVT... continue with the research... this is what readers need to see! ;)

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
pvtpoint2010 wrote:
What about naturalness and undetectability in hairlines......By the way Hairtec maybe you could help explain something from H&W's Video's

I noticed on several patients video's that many look dense and full in front view but when actually combed through they looked shingled and evenly spaced to somewhat sparse ........

Is that the lateral slit appearance?

Is that the most natural of techniques for hairline and mid section work?

Also I noticed they uses very strong graphs in the hairline with the saw tooth pattern .......I know this is their trademark approach but is it always the best approach?

Not knocking it just curious
You could ask Garageland or Jotronic to clarify the above as they both represent Hasson and Wong on here.

V

vnspramod

These very small and minimally invasive incisions allow him to dense pack the frontal hairline and the crown area, and give the utmost natural cosmetic results. He uses the latest Trichophytic technique for the donor area closure, which makes the scar line virtually invisible after healing. He prides himself in participating in the entire surgery, making all the incisions and placing most of the grafts himself.

H

hairtech

Dr. Cooley also does lots of research in holding solutions and hyperbaric treatment post operatively.

H

hairtech

I wonder why there aren't more examples of his work out there... or here.