• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

What is the average amount of donor hair grafts available?

Hair Restoration Europe

Hair Restoration Europe

Valued Member
Thanks for the explanation. I guess body hair should not be used in the hairline but what about leg or arm hair?

Generally speaking, there is no reason to use body hair regardless of where it is taken from on a hairline. The natural scalp hair characteristics will be best to use and with FUE especially can be picked if required to maintain a soft frontal line. It´s not very often there is no scalp hair resource to rebuild a hairline for there to be a need to use body hair, except maybe in serious repair cases when the scalp has been exhausted. But ideally, stick to scalp hair for the hairline.

PaddyIrishman1

PaddyIrishman1

All expert surgeons will only use single hairs for a hairline to give a really natural appearance. Another factor is softness of hairs for the hairline, these can be extracted from over the ears and down near the nape of the neck.

T

Todd

I`m pretty sure it was Dr Umar who uses leg hair to soften hairlines. I cut hair from my hairline and leg, they are a close match in the thickness of the shaft.
I`ll look for some examples to see what you all think.