• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

When is the best time to take Propecia?

N

Nataska

Is it better to take Finasteride in the morning or at night before going to bed? Someone mentioned to me it`s better to take it at night when your metabolism has slowed down which will then absorb the drug into the bloodstream at a slower pace.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It does not matter what time of day you take your Propecia, just try to make sure it`s at a consistent time each day if possible.

N

Nataska

Thanks, I usually take it before going to bed but this may not be the same time. Sometimes i`ll go to bed a few hours earlier than normal if i have to be at work earlier. A few hours difference shouldn`t make a difference, right?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Correct, a few hours out here and there is fine. It`s all to do with getting an even dosage within the 24 hour time period but some say it evens out over a week. A lot of people who cut 5mg Finasteride take a slightly uneven dosage, myself included and it works fine.

N

Nataska

Thanks again, i`ll set my watch to alert me so i don`t forget.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds good.
Out of interest how long have you been taking Finasteride and have you seen any benefit?

N

Nataska

8 months so far with i think an improvement in hair density and not too many hairs falling out when I wash my hair if that`s any indication.