• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Who prefers a shaved look after fue.

Mr M.

Mr M.

I was curious as to how many people prefer to shave-buzz their hair short after an fue procedure. The benefit i see is, if you cant get full coverage-a modest coverage all over the head provides a non balding look when cropped short.

This is not an option i believe with fut, unless you are very fortunate to get a near invisible donor closure.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
Well I'm having my head shaved on the day of my surgery, and I'll see if I like it or not, already got a strip scar, but Dr Bisanga has put fue into, so hopefully that will go some way to concealing it. I'm quite looking forward to shaving it all off as I've never done it before.

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
After having worn my hair shaved for the best part of 20 years [yes way before David Beckham] it was my goal to still be able to do so after surgery. It has meant in my case multiple operations to get the coverage I wanted [last op being yesterday incidently] and has been a long road of nearly 4 years so far. Strip is a faster, less expensive route but as said, shaving certainly to my degree is not possible without showing signs of surgery. So for me personally, the patience, cost, etc has paid off and I have the freedom I want.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Stephen,good growing to you for this recent op,i`ll look forward to seeing your pictures.

bm.

sl

sl

Thanks BM I will post them on my thread soon.

S

solar panel

Valued member
Hi Stephen,

very impressed with "your less is more" result could i ask at what density did Dr Bisanga transplant? also i read that you was deemed to be a NW6,but what was the total area covered.

Couple more questions how many FU would the average patient have assuming they had average density also how many CM does the average NW6 have to harvest from

Thanks

SP

sl

sl

Density in frontal area measured at 60 FU per cm2. It does drop when going through to mid section and crown but i've not measured it. I will certainly do so. Density plays a part as does hair groupings, hair characteristics, design etc.

I was indeed a Norwood 6 sufferer prior to surgery with diffused loss throughout.

Total area covered so far was not quite NW6, just under maybe I would say, the sides were covered as if NW6 to compensate for loss, but the base of the crown was not covered yet, will need another op for this. Also not all scalp hair in the 7200 grafts, some BH also being used approx 600. So even with a great starting density FUE still needed BH to get get to 7200 grafts.

Average donor with FUE, around 4-4500 if good conditions and little to no miniaturisation, surface area to harvest from can vary, sometimes the sides stay high and the back can drop aggressively, but if said on the safe side around 30 x 5 area, maybe x 6; without taking too much away from the donor and making it obvious hair has been removed.

My donor density in the safe zone in parts was still around 80 when checking two days ago, it does drop lower in other areas to around 65-70, but I started with over 100 making this possible, but as said even with all this going for me, it still took a long time, not just scalp hair was used, and although my donor still looks good to the naked eye I know it is thinner and wouldn't want much more to be taken from it.

sl

sl

Hi Sparky, just 2 days post last op. Healing well and will get some pics on my thread soon.