• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

wigs

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
for the benefit of the readers could someone point out the differences in types of wigs......for example lace...skin top, monofilimant(might be wrong word) real hair,etc etc.
Would also be good to know which ones can be styled and which ones can withstand heat from irons and blowdrying etc.

Which would be the most realistic looking wig and which are just fancy dress or fashion wigs? )(_::eek:bviously im not interested but there are female members and other members who wear wigs...so imo it would be good to know the different types for reference;)

regards nutster

Last edited:
timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
BN...

Something that I forget is that I once tried this route !! Several years after my UK HT I rang Advanced Hair Studio.... had a consultation... and paid nearly £2,000

Had the thing fitted... and at the time thought it was great...

It was a "hair system".... one that is sort of weaved in to see how "you" get on with it... the next step was to have my head shaved and have it glued on....

What saved my life was visiting my parents the day after I had it "weaved in" to see if they noticed... they did ... first thing my mother said when I walked in was "why the bloody hell are you wearing a wig".... My mum spent the next hour cutting it out....I was just lucky that I never went into work first ! Life would never have been the same.....

I keep forgetting about that... I guess the mind really does blank out "very bad" stuff...

Tim

PS... that was my opinion of wigs... but I guess they work for some people... and my experience was a long time ago, maybe things have progressed since then ?

Last edited:
bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
That's scandalous charging £2000 for some hair weaving in, I never realised they did this, I thought they just glued a system in place first. Lucky escape there Tim....bet your sooooo relieved you visited your mum first