• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

X-Men - SMG 2901 Grafts Strip

Peachy

Peachy

Didn't have the same angle but gives an indication of the progress.

Attachments

• comp 2 25 03 11.jpg
    comp 2 25 03 11.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 743
Stingray76

Stingray76

Can't re member
Janna

X-man said he had two strips taken. What is the thinking behind that approach?

SR

A

ADRIANNO

looking good mate

pleased to hear you had a good experience at smg, iam off there in 4 weeks.

can i just ask a newbie question.

staples or stitches.

why did u choose staples?, or was it dr rons choice?.

they seem so painful when a stitch seems less so, if that makes any sense whatsoever.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi Stingray,

We generally take the strip out in either two or even three sections. Keep in mind that these strips are not one on top of each other but one continual in length. One reason is this allows our docs to measure the width without getting into trouble. If the skin is tighter or more loose than expected, they can adjust the blade accordingly for the next section. We also find that harvesting the whole strip at once isn't ideal for the grafts. We cut and plant, then repeat. Less time the follicles are out of the body the better.

Hi A,

Our doctors decide during surgery which type to use, however, doc will also go with whichever one the patient prefers if either one comes to play. They usually use staples if the donor area is tight. In your situation of a medium size surgery, I would think sutures is fine.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Yes, of course I do. ;) However, in this day of high technology - it's difficult not to be logged in or wired in with laptops, IPAD's and my Blackberry - even during vacations or work trips. On the one hand I feel lucky I can do portion of my job from anywhere with a portable device but on the other hand.........