• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr Harald Eberson - FUE Procedure - 1500 Grafts

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It's healing very well, how does the redness look as you're looking at it?

T

TamConch

Valued member
9 Days Post Op - Left Temple.

Attachments

• IMG_0244.JPG
    IMG_0244.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 1,209
T

TamConch

Valued member
9 Days Post Op - Right Temple.

Attachments

• IMG_0245.JPG
    IMG_0245.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,222
T

TamConch

Valued member
9 Days Post Op - Donor Area.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    76.9 KB · Views: 1,218
T

TamConch

Valued member
Bigmac wrote:
It's healing very well, how does the redness look as you're looking at it?
Hi Bigmac, thanks for asking! I've added some new photos above. The donor area is slightly red still although I'm only at 9 days post op. It tends to be noticeable in the photographs I've taken although apparently it is not very noticeable in person, certainly nobody who is unaware of what I've had done has mentioned it. The recipient area is more or less covered by existing hair when I'm in public. The recipient area remained was clearly red along the line of design I would say up until yesterday where it has started to fade.

I have used Aloe Vera which seems to help the recipient area but irritated the donor area so I no longer apply it to the back of my scalp. I only apply it at night and other than that I religiously follow Dr Eberson's Post Operative Care plan. Today I very carefully tidied up the sides and back at the very top to give myself a more natural looking fade. I think I can just about pass for having an unusually short hair cut by my standards. My wife is glad that the "hair helmet" is gone lol. I of course have not interfered with the recipient area other than shampooing which I started yesterday. I have noticed a little shedding of the grafts so I guess others will start to go also over the coming weeks and then I'll be in the resting phase. Shame really, I've enjoyed having them!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Tam,
It all looks and sounds right on track, the Aloe Vera is good for the redness. Soon there should be no signs of surgery, just a little lingering redness that is fading already.
Thanks for the additional pictures.
Heal and grow well.
Bm.

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Thanks for the update mate all looking good , its all going to be worth it your wife will love your new style, I got the same of my wife but I kept the Hair Helmet lol

Wishing you great recovery and growth mate

Daz

T

TamConch

Valued member
Cheers guys, I appreciate it! I have to say I'm surprised at how smoothly this week went. I went back to work on Monday and I was a little apprehensive. It's an open plan office and a few of us are quite close, but I only told one person at work beforehand. There was only one comment from a guy who asked me when I was going back to get my haircut finished because I had a 1 on the sides and length on the top lol, but he had no suspicion as to why that might be. I think us HT folk tend to forget that not everyone knows what to look for, not everyone sits and does research or visits this forum several times a day lol yet we become paranoid that they know what we know.

Looking back I was more concerned than I needed to be, although having existing hair to cover most of the redness obviously helped. My mother-in-law, who normally wouldn't notice a fire engine driving through her living room and one who I'd struck off as being suspicious, instantly said that's a haircut and a half where'd you get that done lol but again no inkling as to why. One of the trickier ones was my 7 year old son because I used to tell him I'd get it done one day but then shifted to hiding it from him because he tells everybody everything. Right up until I got back from Amsterdam I still hadn't figured out what my cover story was going to be! In the end I just blurted out that I had several skin tags removed from the back of my head and that's why it was shaved. He just said I looked stupid and suggested I keep the hat on but he never brought it up with anyone else. His younger sibling didn't care here was just happy Daddy was home (hates anything that messes with his routine!). All in all I'm amazed at how discreetly I've managed to negotiate the first two weeks. I really appreciate you guys tracking my progress and will continue to keep you posted!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Tam, good to hear you got through the first few weeks virtually undetected. The hair cut comment etc is easily brushed aside especially as no one noticed you had a HT.
Good excuse with the skin tags too, that'll keep them satisfied. Everything will be back to normal soon enough and then you will enjoy the new growth once it starts.
All the best.
Bm.

S

Scotsman91

Hi Tam Conch
Great write up and clear photos mate. Looking forward to seeing your progress, I've only seen a handful of Dr Ebersons work but it's all good stuff and I would seriously consider a HT in the future with him. Did you also have PRP?

T

TamConch

Valued member
5 Weeks Post-Op : Donor Area.

Attachments

• 20160304_182628.jpg
    20160304_182628.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 1,061
T

TamConch

Valued member
[size=5 Weeks Post-Op : Left Temple.][/size]

Attachments

• 20160304_182711.jpg
    20160304_182711.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 1,020
T

TamConch

Valued member
[size=5 Weeks Post-Op Right Temple.][/size]

Attachments

• 20160304_182941.jpg
    20160304_182941.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 1,069
T

TamConch

Valued member
[size=5 Weeks Post-Op Frontal.][/size]

Attachments

• 20160304_183016.jpg
    20160304_183016.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 1,030
T

TamConch

Valued member
Hi Guys, hope you're all well! I'm 5 weeks post-op now, can't believe how time flies. I shed most of the transplanted hairs pretty quickly although quite a few of them refused to give up. I have some new growth already in random spots across the recipient sites. I still have a little redness but it's definitely come down in the last 10 days or so. Sometimes I press the inside of my arm on the temples to measure the prickliness of the area as you can feel what you cannot yet see. I'm periodically in contact with Dr Eberson. He's thinking I should see good growth around May so hopefully through the summer I should be alot happier with my hairline than I've been in a long long time! I've been back on minoxidil for a few weeks which I was happy about. Nothing gives you the fear like stopping meds!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Tam, good to hear it's healing well with the redness fading. If you're feeling growth already you may very well have good growth by May.
Thanks for the update.

T

TamConch

Valued member
Right Temple 8 Weeks Post-Op.

Attachments

• IMG_0298.JPG
    IMG_0298.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 1,010
T

TamConch

Valued member
Left Temple 8 Weeks Post-Op.

Attachments

• IMG_0295.JPG
    IMG_0295.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 1,064
T

TamConch

Valued member
I thought I would post a couple of temple shots as I am now 8 weeks post-op. I still have some lingering redness but no other issues. The slight loss of sensation I had in the middle of my scalp has now come back. I have some new growth and alot of black dots. They look like blackheads almost, which I assume are hairs underneath the scalp. Overall I a delighted to have the first two months under my belt as I believe the next two months will be much more interesting from my perspective. It's a waiting game of course!