• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

1500 FUE Graft with with Dr Arshad at the Hair Dr Clinic UK

theshape1122

theshape1122

Valued member
Month 5 - Post Op

Hi Guys,

Around 5 months Post op now, Native hair has grown back great now, had a few hair cuts since Op.

Transplanted hair has started growing, the right side has grown a lot more than the left, but the right side did retain more transplanted hairs that didn't shed. Left side has some new growth but still quite patchy, most of the new hairline hasn't come in yet on that side but has along the right side.

Is this expected growth at this stage?

5 months 1.jpg5 months 2.jpg5 months 3.jpg5 months 4.jpg5 months 5.jpg5 months 6.jpg5 months 7.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Shape. I bet the haircuts felt good. They help to make you feel better about yourself.
5 months is pretty average for the growth to begin. It`s not often that the transplanted grafts continue to grow more on one side only than the other but it probably helped you, especially during the healing stages.
The left side will catch up at some point. Lots of patients experience uneven growth due to the growth cycles of the transplanted grafts.
Your donor area looks to be in excellent condition. With your hair combed forward, no one would ever guess you`ve had surgery.
All in all, you`re right on track at 5 months and looking good.
Thanks for the update.

theshape1122

theshape1122

Valued member
Hi Shape. I bet the haircuts felt good. They help to make you feel better about yourself.
5 months is pretty average for the growth to begin. It`s not often that the transplanted grafts continue to grow more on one side only than the other but it probably helped you, especially during the healing stages.
The left side will catch up at some point. Lots of patients experience uneven growth due to the growth cycles of the transplanted grafts.
Your donor area looks to be in excellent condition. With your hair combed forward, no one would ever guess you`ve had surgery.
All in all, you`re right on track at 5 months and looking good.
Thanks for the update.

Thanks Mac, very reassuring! I will just keep wathcing now, hopefully months 6-9 is where the majority of new hairs come through and thicken!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, it`s a marathon, not a sprint. 6-9 is a good average but for some, it may take that bit longer.

It looks as though all the redness has completely gone. Is this the case?

theshape1122

theshape1122

Valued member
Yes, it`s a marathon, not a sprint. 6-9 is a good average but for some, it may take that bit longer.

It looks as though all the redness has completely gone. Is this the case?
Yep all redness has gone, cant even tell there was any work done on the hairline now! just need the new hair to come so it looks like i growing hair rather than losing it :ROFLMAO:

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
That`s good to hear no more redness. Your hairline looks nice and refined as it`s growing in so I guess once it`s fully grown in no one will have a clue as it`ll be very natural looking.

theshape1122

theshape1122

Valued member
That`s good to hear no more redness. Your hairline looks nice and refined as it`s growing in so I guess once it`s fully grown in no one will have a clue as it`ll be very natural looking.
Thanks! I hope so, we shall see in 7 months

theshape1122

theshape1122

Valued member
So I noticed on the left side today as the hairline has started growing, there is a double and triple graft at the front of the hairline... as we know, it should be singles only in the hairline,

Is this cause for concern, or will be noticable?

hiarline.jpg

M

Matt88

So I noticed on the left side today as the hairline has started growing, there is a double and triple graft at the front of the hairline... as we know, it should be singles only in the hairline,

Is this cause for concern, or will be noticable?

View attachment 21529
Hi mate, hope you're well. I've noticed the same thing on what appears to be the front of my hairline, too. Looks like quite a course triple and a few doubles here and there. When I messaged Dr Arshad, he assured me that they don't transplant multigrafts on to the front of the hairline and that it's a case of a soft single yet to grow out in front of it. Definitely worth monitoring, of course.

Looking great mate! Best wishes,
Matt

theshape1122

theshape1122

Valued member
Hi mate, hope you're well. I've noticed the same thing on what appears to be the front of my hairline, too. Looks like quite a course triple and a few doubles here and there. When I messaged Dr Arshad, he assured me that they don't transplant multigrafts on to the front of the hairline and that it's a case of a soft single yet to grow out in front of it. Definitely worth monitoring, of course.

Looking great mate! Best wishes,
Matt
Thanks, glad to hear you're in same position, so its reassuring, just got to let it fully grow out and see what the finished result is! hopefully those singles come through soon

M

Matt88

Thanks, glad to hear you're in same position, so its reassuring, just got to let it fully grow out and see what the finished result is! hopefully those singles come through soon
Absolutely, mate - your comment resonated with me because I'm experiencing the exact same thing! And Dr Arshad reassured me that you can't really judge the result until the 12-month mark, although he understands how hard that can be for us sometimes =). Bring on those singles...

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hopefully, there will be singles in front of them. If they are a couple that slipped through they may need to be punched out if obvious and of concern to you.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Hopefully, there will be singles in front of them. If they are a couple that slipped through they may need to be punched out if obvious and of concern to you.
Does punching out leave scars??

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
There is a chance of scars being visible. Any time a punch/incision is made to the skin a scar will form. The smaller the punch, the less chance the scar is noticeable. Some people heal that well you can`t see any scars unless looking through a magnifying aid.

theshape1122

theshape1122

Valued member
There is a chance of scars being visible. Any time a punch/incision is made to the skin a scar will form. The smaller the punch, the less chance the scar is noticeable. Some people heal that well you can`t see any scars unless looking through a magnifying aid.

Hope single hairs start growing out in front, but will just have to see! be annoying if some multi grafts ended up on the front

theshape1122

theshape1122

Valued member
6 Month Update

Just over 6 months in now, the half way stage as you could say... slowing growing in still, left side still playing catch up to the right side, how are we looking?

6 months.jpg6 months 2.jpg6 months 3.jpg6 months 4.jpg6 months 5.jpg
6 months 6.jpg6 months 7.jpg6 months 8.jpg6 months 9.jpg6 months 10.jpg

Philw

All looking good and normal mate
Ur transplants will start to mature in the coming months
Just the waiting and looking in the mirror constantly now ha
Your on the right track now

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
The left side is lagging behind slightly but overall your hairline is looking good at 6 months.
Your donor looks untouched which is good.
How are you feeling about your progress?