• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

1500 FUE Graft with with Dr Arshad at the Hair Dr Clinic UK

theshape1122

theshape1122

Valued member
The left side is lagging behind slightly but overall your hairline is looking good at 6 months.
Your donor looks untouched which is good.
How are you feeling about your progress?

Feeling good so far! just want the left side to catch up & hope it all evens out and fills in soon!!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It can get frustrating waiting for it to even out but it should happen soon enough. With the growth so far you have more styling options now.

theshape1122

theshape1122

Valued member
It can get frustrating waiting for it to even out but it should happen soon enough. With the growth so far you have more styling options now.
Yep deffo, already its made a big difference

H

Herr Loss

Have any single grafts come through in front of the doubles that you mentioned in your earlier post?

It's hard to tell from the photos.

H

Herr Loss

I'm sure they will, it's still early days after all.

Thanks for the update.

theshape1122

theshape1122

Valued member
7 Month Update

7 Month update! ... donor area & rest of head still looks great as ever.

Recipient area, right side has still grown in alot better than left side, alot more area covered.

Left side is still very patchy and sparse as you can see.. there are also a prominent triple and double graft on the hairline still which stand out quite alot with hair pulled back, pluggy appearance.. dont think there's really going to be anything much grow in front to cover them.

still 5 months left but the left side lagging behind alot... what do we think?!

IMG_20210603_142419__01.jpgIMG_20210603_142436__01.jpgIMG_20210603_142444__01.jpgIMG_20210603_142451__01.jpgIMG_20210603_142747__01.jpgIMG_20210603_142622__01.jpgIMG_20210603_142859__01__01.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Shape, your donor looks in good condition. Your left side is still lagging as you`ve pointed out but its got time to catch up. I`m not sure how those multi grafts have slipped through but they are there. They will probably need punching out as there doesn`t appear to be any singles in front of them, if there were, they would have helped blend them in. It shouldn`t be a problem having them removed, especially if you`re not too far from the clinic.

theshape1122

theshape1122

Valued member
Hi Shape, your donor looks in good condition. Your left side is still lagging as you`ve pointed out but its got time to catch up. I`m not sure how those multi grafts have slipped through but they are there. They will probably need punching out as there doesn`t appear to be any singles in front of them, if there were, they would have helped blend them in. It shouldn`t be a problem having them removed, especially if you`re not too far from the clinic.

Thanks Mac, I talked to the clinic today, they said they don't expect much growth at all till at least month 6, and thickening by month 9 so my right side started alot earlier, especially since it retained alot of grafts that didn't shed.. thats why left is lagging. The multi grafts, they said could be because when it was extracted it looked like a single, if it was miniturised, or half shed, the finasteride helped bring it back, so only now showing as a multigraft, but they said the odd one can be normal and doesn't stand out, you can't even see them really with normal hairstyle, it only when hairs pulled back and you look closely, most people who don't know about HT anyway wouldnt even bat an eyelid... but 5 months to go till 12 months, will see how it looks then when its fully complete and go from there!

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
My right side is lagging compared to my left and I’m 11 months in, but it’s been like that since the beginning the left side grew a lot faster and the hairs on my right side remind me of baby hairs, so once they mature I’m sure both sides will be even. I’m sure The Hair Dr will sort the multi’s in the front, another reason I choose a UK clinic so if there were any issues it’s lot easier and less expensive to travel to get it sorted. Result is coming on well though buddy

theshape1122

theshape1122

Valued member
My right side is lagging compared to my left and I’m 11 months in, but it’s been like that since the beginning the left side grew a lot faster and the hairs on my right side remind me of baby hairs, so once they mature I’m sure both sides will be even. I’m sure The Hair Dr will sort the multi’s in the front, another reason I choose a UK clinic so if there were any issues it’s lot easier and less expensive to travel to get it sorted. Result is coming on well though buddy

Ah I see yeah, seems to be case with mine too, so hoping both sides will even out soon, just got to wait and see. Yeah I'll see how the multi grafts on the front look when it's all done and if anything needs doing with them, but currently with hair down or styled they hard to see so..

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
If you can`t really notice it and it doesn`t bother you then it`s ok. As you say, it`ll depend on your hairstyle. Come 12 months you can make a final judgment.
It`s good you`re keeping in touch with the clinic and they`re addressing any concerns you have.

theshape1122

theshape1122

Valued member
If you can`t really notice it and it doesn`t bother you then it`s ok. As you say, it`ll depend on your hairstyle. Come 12 months you can make a final judgment.
It`s good you`re keeping in touch with the clinic and they`re addressing any concerns you have.
Yep hoping get some real thickening and growth over next 5 months and it fills in, then will go from there.

Yeah clinic is always available which is good, and its only a 20 min drive away!

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Still time for it to even out I agree, some people do get late growth it's fairly common.....definitely a good idea to wait until the 12 month mark to evaluate dude.....overall though the improvement is there and can only get better pal.

theshape1122

theshape1122

Valued member
Still time for it to even out I agree, some people do get late growth it's fairly common.....definitely a good idea to wait until the 12 month mark to evaluate dude.....overall though the improvement is there and can only get better pal.
Thanks! Yep 5 months to go, a long time still , so will eagerly await the final result

theshape1122

theshape1122

Valued member
9 Month Update

Hi Guys,

9 month update, not too much change from last update,

Right side of hairline is still more defined and straighter than the left side as it retained more grafts at the start which didn't shed.

Left side is still a little patchy in some areas along the hairline as you can see where new hair hasn't come through still after shedding.

The donor area has grown back great and looks good as new, overall hair health looks great, nice and thick - I think the finasteride is helping with that.

Got an appointment in person with The Hair Dr next week to have a proper review under the microscope to see progress & check the graft areas, we will see if any further touch ups etc will be required, which is all part of the treatment plan.

Look forward to getting a proper in person review, and will update accordingly.

IMG_20210729_150545__01.jpg

IMG_20210729_150552__01.jpg

IMG_20210729_150602__01.jpg

IMG_20210729_150618__01.jpg

IMG_20210729_150648__01.jpg

IMG_20210729_150652__01.jpg
IMG_20210729_150659__01.jpg

IMG_20210729_150738__01.jpg

IMG_20210729_150756__01.jpg

Last edited:
theshape1122

theshape1122

Valued member
@theshape1122 im in a similar position myself, 8 months post op.
What have the clinic said in relation to your slow growth?
What's yours like now?

Overall, it's mainly just the left side lagging behind the right, but I'm going in next week for a proper review with the doctor & will look at the grafts etc under microscope, assess the current growth.. then decide on possible options, if top up etc is needed. which is all part of the treatment plan, so they will make sure things are on track & the final result is perfect in the end! still 3 months to go till the full 12 month recovery period is up.

I suggest you get in contact and arrange a in person check up if possible!

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
I went in for my 1 year review today and the assurance I was given by Dr Arshad about my thinner areas I was concerned about have been laid to rest. The Dr analysed my hair and said I’ve still got some hairs that have maturing to do and if by December the thinner patches are still there, a free top up will be offered so that I’m 100% happy with my HT result. Im one happy HT patient