• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

1674 Gr FUE - Hairline w/Dr. Ron Shapiro

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi.

We performed an FUE procedure on a young German patient last week. He is 25 currently with a birthay in November. He had very good donor density with plenty of 3 and 4 hair grafts, which we trimmed many down to 1's and 2's since we worked on the hairline. He seemed very happy to be sitting in the surgery chair...so much so that I had to tease him a few times because he'd sit with a big smile on his face all day. When I took his photo, I asked for the famous smile for the frontal face shot.

Here is his post op shot with the big smile. He is very happy with the hairline design and promised to update us with his progress pictures.

merw-smile.jpg

We have a special camera for taking density pictures - here is this patient's central donor region, which measured at approx. 92 hairs per cm2

Slide6.jpg

Our patient sent couple before photos and we took some before photos as well.

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide5.jpg

Post Op Photos

Slide7.jpg

Slide8.jpg

Slide9.jpg

Slide10.jpg

Slide11.jpg

Slide12.jpg

Slide13.jpg

Slide14.jpg

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Looks amazing, is the camera a new thing as ive never seen one before, sounds very cool amd must be very useful:)

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
I think this is where I may be in a couple of years, be interesting to see the final result. Are you sure he is German, its just i've never seen one smile before. :)

janna

janna

Valuable Member
TC,

Our comfort level is 800 to 1000 grafts via fue per day. This patient's grafts came out very easily and we extracted 1081 on the first day without any problems. Realistically, we could have finished up the first day but since we booked him in for several days as the patient planned on staying a week in Minnesota, Dr. Ron loved the fact that he could tweak and refine the hairline each day. Once the tumescence settles and the redness subsides from incisions and planting of grafts, he can see between planted grafts more easily so we had the patient come in three consecutive days. The third day we didn't do much but to really refine and search for space between grafts to make sure the patient received just the right amount of grafts for the most natural result. It's one of the things we really like about fue procedure - we have total control and we move at a comfortable pace. We take each step carefully and methodically to ensure we eliminate any unnecessary risks associated with fue procedures. You can see that we trim the extracted grafts down so it's difficult to tell there are planted grafts in the recipient area - except for some redness. With the new blades Dr. Ron uses to make incisions, which are very thin and sharp, the redness/skin seems to heal very quickly.

Shang,

I've heard that about Germans but my encounters with German people while visiting Germany few years back and our past patients, they have a very good sense of humor.

BN, the camera is not new - we're just trying to utilize it more.

A

AJKV

Valued member
Hi Janna,

are the new blades totally different to the old blades? And can you show us a pic of these blades? Do you use these blades for strip sessions too?

True and Dorin Medical Group

True and Dorin Medical Group

Valued member
Janna....awesome detailed pics and info.....thanks for the presentation, the result should be stellar*

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Thanks P!

AJKV,

We've been using the new blades for about 1/2 a year. They are used to make incisons for both fue and strip procedures. If you click the Mediquip Surgical banner at top right on this site - they are the Next recipient site CTS blades. It shows a pic of the single blade but we order the strip version so we can custom cut each blade ourselves to match the size of the grafts.

A

AJKV

Valued member
You write the new blades are thinner, can you give us the data in mm?

janna

janna

Valuable Member
"They are 0.1mm thin!" ... according to the manufacturer but I do not know the measurement of the prep blades - sorry. I've asked Eli of Mediquip Surgical so I'll pass it along to you when he calls me back.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi,

I heard back from Eli.......he says the prep blades are twice as thick at .2mm. Hope this helps.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
17 Days Post Op Update

Some shedding of transplanted hairs at this stage. We appreciate the donor pic with very short hair cut.

TopDown17dayspo.jpg

RightTA-17dayspo.jpg

LeftTA-17daypo.jpg

Donor17dayspo.jpg

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
looks like you added a lot more grafts to the left side than the right. When I get my repair done I'm definatly going to ask for it to be as symmetrical as possible. Like my old hairline.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
I don't recall more grafts being added to one side over the other except for few grafts that go further back on the left to make up for patient's own hairloss pattern. The end result is pretty symmetrical, imo. These last pics are 17 days post op so some of the transplanted hairs have shed.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
yeah the amount in each side looks the same, he had more loss in the right side before surgery.

J

JumpingHair

Valued member
Hi Janna,

Did this guy ever come back to you with update pics? His hairline design looks good.

thanks

jh

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi JH,

I've post the last set up dates this patient sent above. It's been awhile and your inquiry has prompted me to email this patient for updates. Hopefully he'll send updates soon. BTW, I've contacted the UK FUE patient and he responded with a note stating he's seeing growth and is right happy with the progress. He's been away travelling so he'll send pics when he's settled back home. Thanks for your interest.

J

JumpingHair

Valued member
thanks for the quick reply Janna ,it would be great to see an update from this patient. His hairline design looks top notch.

JH

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi JH,

I've heard back from this patient. He took pics at about 4 1/2 months post op. There isn't much change but when he wrote he felt there are lots of hairs breaking through the skin so he's very optimistic for the next several months. He took very magnified pics of his hairs. Here are two that he sent.

Attachments

• Left Temple Magnified 2.JPG
    Left Temple Magnified 2.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 2,782