• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

17 Days post FUE 3300 Grafts

S

Sombald

Hi All,

Thank you for this great forum which I had been a silent follower and got a lot of tips. After some research I had my hair transplant done 17 days ago and even though am happy with my hairline , and donor area, I see a slight difference in my donor area. Not sure if it's because it's only 17 days post op, or if am more used to my previous dense hairline. i was already close to norwood 7 or fully norwood 6, here are some pictures

Thanks for any input.

Before:
WhatsApp Image 2020-09-18 at 19.03.15.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2020-09-df18 at 19.03.15.jpeg

1 week post op
WhatsApp Image 2020-09-18 at 18.54.53.jpeg

today
WhatsApp Image 2020-09-18 at 18.53.45.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2020-09-18 at 18.54.05.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2020-09-18 at 18.55.24.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2020-09-18 at 18.59.30.jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-09-18 at 19.00.57.jpeg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Good to hear the forum has helped you. The new hairline once grown in should frame your face nicely and transform your appearance. Did you get the grafts placed for all over coverage or concentrate on the frontal half?
The donor area will be thinner due to the extractions and you may have lost some hair due to shock loss which is basically the hair falling out due to trauma. This is usually a temporary thing.

S

Sombald

Hi Bigmac

Thanks for your response and comment. The coverage was for the frontal half. And for the crown to be done lightly in a year or so. This is because I was afraid of overharvesting, even though the doctor stated that my donor area was good.

I might be paranoid, but I was worried about the hairline, to me the first line looks like individual hairs, maybe only 1 or 2 are double, but the lines behind the hairline looks more dense than the the mid scalp is this normal ?

As for my donor area, I haven't experienced loss yet, not anything that I noticed in my shower or pillow, running my hands over. It just looks a bit different in the light, maybe it's my skin redness , and my dark skin color is hiding it a bit, will wait and see, I have no pain but the transplanted area still feels numb, no shedding yet.

S

Sombald

There is a question that worries me. Does my hairline look like it'll grow pluggy? or too early to tell? I've seen a lot of videos of pluggy hairline, and in close inspection I noticed couple of double hair grafts just behind the hairline immediately as seen in the picture? something to worry about or too early to tell

F

Forelock

Pluggy hairlines are caused by multi hairs in one graft that should never be in the front where they look fake. If you have pictures right after it was done then it's possible to see them. Right now you could have had all single units that have shed.

S

Sombald

Pluggy hairlines are caused by multi hairs in one graft that should never be in the front where they look fake. If you have pictures right after it was done then it's possible to see them. Right now you could have had all single units that have shed.

Thank you so much for your reply. Right after the procedure it all looks very scabby and covered with bloody scabs , I also have a picture right after I washed all scabs away at about day 7 or 8. Am attaching both. Unfortunately I dont have them zoomed on the hairline but hopefully you can see enough

Attachments

• 20200911_185002.jpg
    20200911_185002.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 308
  • 20200901_155300.jpg
    20200901_155300.jpg
    378.2 KB · Views: 256
  • 20200901_170653.jpg
    20200901_170653.jpg
    368.9 KB · Views: 252
F

Forelock

It's difficult to see making it impossible to judge. Your design is straight with a few staggered ones which I think will look ok on you once it grows.

S

Sombald

I agree, I did not think to take pictures up close from the hairline, as I was pretty tired after 8 hours of surgery, but everything was fine, and they had some microscopes when they were sorting the grafts, so hopefully they did the right thing :) upon closer inspection in the mirror just now, I notice the front row of hairs is mostly single grafts, I counted the odd 1 or 2 grafts that are double, but they made the third and forth rows of multiple grafts. Hopefully it all goes well.

If this gets successful, the the next year I will be going back to cover the crown area, my crown is shaped in strange way, but am not looking for dense coverage, a light coverage will be fine as I can live with that, but not live with a depleted donor area, attached is my donor area in the sun today, 20 days after surgery

Attachments

• 20200919_124350.jpg
    20200919_124350.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 278
  • 20200919_124427.jpg
    20200919_124427.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 260
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Comparing your immediate post op to your 17 day post op picture I can see that you have shed some grafts. The singles will have most likely shed without you noticing. If by chance a double hair graft has been planted in the hairline this can be removed when you go back. Hairlines will consist of singles followed by a mix of singles and larger groupings that create more density.
It`s a good plan concentrating on the frontal half. See how it turns out before deciding your next move.

S

Sombald

I would like to thank you all for responding and your valuable inputs and advice. i will definetly wait at least a year before deciding any next move.

just a question that since my balding was already very far, is it needed I take finasteride or similar? since all I have left are on the sides?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
In my opinion, Finasteride is the best thing out there to hold onto your existing hair and possibly regrow miniaturised hairs. It is the best option to keep your donor hair strong as well. Hairs taken from the donor area are susceptible to DHT meaning some hairs you have had transplanted could still die off.
Read up on side effects and ask your clinic what their advice is?

S

Sombald

Thanks for the advice. I had the impression that if someone is already on NW6/7 doesn't have much hair to lose, and could do with vitamins or Bitoin. I will definitely consult my clinic and see what I can safely use for my situation. thank you. i will keep updating the post with progress in some time too

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hair loss as we know is progressive for most men who suffer from male pattern baldness. Some will stay around the same level they eventually reach while others will continue losing hair.
All the best with your progress.