• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

1Yr Update-Dr. Paul Shapiro (1314gr/2661hairs)

janna

janna

Valuable Member
This patient's result is a result of two procedures.

1st Surgery with Dr. Ron Shapiro - May 2005 - 1818 grafts = 3836 hairs

2nd Surgery with Dr. Paul Shapiro - March of 2008
1314 grafts - 2661 hairs

Total Grafts from two sessions: 3121 gr/6497 hairs. When you consider his degree of loss, 3100 grafts to the frontal 1/3rd sides is a lot of grafts. But since he was able to stablize his hairloss with meds after his first procedure, Dr. Paul was able to achieve patient's goal.

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide5.jpg

Slide6.jpg

Slide7.jpg

Slide8.jpg

Slide9.jpg

A

AJKV

Valued member
Hi Janna,

where did Dr. Paul place most of the 1314 grafts in the second surgery, in the hairline or in zone 2,3...?

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi AJKV,

Dr. Paul brought down the two sides - nothing in the center or front. Then he worked behind on the two sides so the hairs blend with previous work done by Dr. Ron.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Looks very good and natural. His hairline fits him. I like how SMG hairlines are individually tailored that suits each patient.

In the before picture his hair is slightly damp as were my own pre op ones for my hairline. This clearly shows where hair is and is not. When taking the before pictures it is quite possible for existing dry hair to not to show up on the photo and therefore the after result looks far more convincing.

I like the idea of clips to a certain extent to show the before situation but these can pull hair together and away from their natural position in the proposed transplanted area, again making this area appear to be thinner than it really is. Also there are many before photos with the recipient area already shaved.

Do you have any immed post op pictures to show the placement of the grafts

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Yet another 100% natural looking HT....

Top marks again SMG.

Tim

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
This guy looks too good. Very awesome looking and natural HT. Case of hair greed. Ha Ha. He likely didn't need to have that many grafts planted but likely is set for life and looks like hairloss was never an issue at all. This is a case of true density and not illusion of density.

NN

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

Ahhhh, what a difference a hair line makes. He looks great and it's taken years off of his appearance.