• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

2000 FUE Grafts - Hair Dr Clinic Leeds - 26th Apr 2021

D

Dave_2022

In truth only time will tell and right now we are guessing the outcome. It could indeed improve drastically and I fully agree, as previously stated, 5 months is early.
I am eagerly following progress and sincerely hope I am wrong and that @SPHW88 gets improved growth and density.

S

SPHW88

Hi everyone,

So I'm at pretty much bang on 7 months and it's fair to say I'm probably feeling like I'm hanging on to pure hope now. I don't know what makes the difference between a successful HT and what a few people have been experiencing lately but I'm concerned that the grafts have been wasted and are either not there, or have not come through. My understanding is I see the most growth in the coming months and while that may be true I didn't expect to see so many gaps at this stage. I am preparing to resign myself to the fact that my gamble on a HT might not have paid off. With the gaps present I'm not quite sure where the density will come from if I am honest.

So here are some pictures in harsh and a more normal lighting. Any tips so speed up growth or trigger late follicles are welcome. As we all know finasteride isn't going to do that for new grafts, I'm looking for some other ideas.

Last time I spoke to the clinic a month ago they were happy with the progress and said it was normal and not to expect too much until 9 months. I admitted I need patience... I actually put myself in a positive mindset about it but after being called for an update and seeing my name dropped into another forum I've had look around the forum again and I'm not too confident again.

I'd really appreciate some of the success stories who are further through the process to respond and give some kind of input. @Baldingman23 or any others?

I think the way things seem to be, I'm not sure I'd be happy to just dig further into the donor area as it was supposed to be enough.

Attachments

• IMG_20211128_005618.jpg
    IMG_20211128_005618.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_20211128_005612.jpg
    IMG_20211128_005612.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_20211128_005606.jpg
    IMG_20211128_005606.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_20211128_005417.jpg
    IMG_20211128_005417.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_20211128_005407.jpg
    IMG_20211128_005407.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 352
B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Hang in there buddy it’s still early days. I’ve found my pictures at 7 and 9 months for you to compare.

Attachments

• F89F0D62-6888-42D3-8402-556EA3FB6D70.jpeg
    F89F0D62-6888-42D3-8402-556EA3FB6D70.jpeg
    160.1 KB · Views: 375
K

Kelvino1987

Valued member
Hi mate.

I did experience some growth following my 7 month review. My advice would be to use any treatment/supplement you can to try and encourage any growth. I was already taking finasteride but started on minoxidil, biotin and saw palmetto, and although it cannot be conclusive that it was down to the treatment we implemented, we did see a change. I’ve since been offered PRP and oral minoxidil. I’m coming up to 18 months but still lack density on my temples and top. I had 2308 grafts done but need 600-1000 on my hairline and a figure of around 300 given for the top, which roughly estimates that only around 50% of the transplanted have taken. Have you been advised to implement any supplements/treatment? Also, I’m sure living a healthier lifestyle would help anybody with growth (don’t smoke, exercise, balanced diet, plenty of water). Hoping things turn round for you mate. I’ll follow your updates.

S

SPHW88

Hang in there buddy it’s still early days. I’ve found my pictures at 7 and 9 months for you to compare.
Thanks @Baldingman23, I have to admit I feel like my density is very much less than where yours was at so although it's good to know there's more to come... I'm not positive with this at all now.

S

SPHW88

Hi mate.

I did experience some growth following my 7 month review. My advice would be to use any treatment/supplement you can to try and encourage any growth. I was already taking finasteride but started on minoxidil, biotin and saw palmetto, and although it cannot be conclusive that it was down to the treatment we implemented, we did see a change. I’ve since been offered PRP and oral minoxidil. I’m coming up to 18 months but still lack density on my temples and top. I had 2308 grafts done but need 600-1000 on my hairline and a figure of around 300 given for the top, which roughly estimates that only around 50% of the transplanted have taken. Have you been advised to implement any supplements/treatment? Also, I’m sure living a healthier lifestyle would help anybody with growth (don’t smoke, exercise, balanced diet, plenty of water). Hoping things turn round for you mate. I’ll follow your updates.
Hi mate,

Was yours done with Hair Dr too?

To be honest I don't smoke and I exercise all the time, eat relatively well and drink plenty water etc so not much more can be done there. 50% of taken grafts sounds significantly low. I read everywhere that you should expect about 90%. So I'd be very inclined to know why clinics are now after so much hype before, resorting to such extreme measures such as further grafts or PRP.

I only had my temples to do which 2000 should have been more than enough... It seems like therefore did they fall out, or did they never get placed in the first place...? Seriously concerning!

Not sure what to do at this point now

S

SPHW88

I am seriously concerned with recent reviews. I'm unsure as to why things have been so poor recently. The clinic has had several great cases and a glowing review but why now do we have so many poor results. In all honesty this is absolute torture and I'm sure some of us aren't the worst of it around.

I'm really now considering what my future options are but probably not much I can do at this point in time.

What could so many of us have done so wrong?

I recall thr clinic shaving my hair back at the start... I'm now concerned that they did in fact go too far into my natural hairline rather than give the density required where I needed at the temple

Screenshot_20210503_125237_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

M

My2021story

At 9 months you could still get a little more come through but is unlikely- usually by month 9 you should have a pretty good idea of the result, although people do grow at different rates.
I experienced some improvement in my crown from months 9 to 10 but nothing in the hairline.
Have you spoken to the clinic to get their view?

5head

Why do various clinics go so far back into the existing hairline when all looks fine as is? Surely this is a waste of grafts that would be better used filling in the temples/ new hairline. Is it just a way of clinics looking to charge more for grafts? The best hairline results I’ve seen are partially shaved where the original hairline has been left as is. Surely with less trauma you’d heal better and therefore have a better result. Gregory Gage on YouTube didn’t have any of his recipient area shaved and has had a great result!

Last edited:
K

Kelvino1987

Valued member
Hi mate,

Was yours done with Hair Dr too?

To be honest I don't smoke and I exercise all the time, eat relatively well and drink plenty water etc so not much more can be done there. 50% of taken grafts sounds significantly low. I read everywhere that you should expect about 90%. So I'd be very inclined to know why clinics are now after so much hype before, resorting to such extreme measures such as further grafts or PRP.

I only had my temples to do which 2000 should have been more than enough... It seems like therefore did they fall out, or did they never get placed in the first place...? Seriously concerning!

Not sure what to do at this point now
Hi mate. Yes I had mine done at the same clinic.

D

Dave_2022

I've had stick from @CrankySysadmin for "slating" this Dr's work but here we have another example of poor results (the 2nd post today actually)
@SPHW88 you haven't done anything wrong. It can not simply be coincidence that you and many others on here (and another well known forum) are all in the same position. Clearly something is happening with this clinic as the results posted by real patients on here have been sub-par to say the least.

what reason have they given you for poor growth? As stated above, you could still see more growth but at 9 months this is extremely unlikely. Look at the top surgeon results on here at 9 months. That will give you a good indication.

No matter which way you look at things- there are too many poor results from this clinic v's their previous results a year or so ago. Something has clearly changed for the results to reduce so much.

Reactions: 41M
S

SPHW88

Yeah seriously concerning now. I'm now extremely concerned about the next few months as had given myself until January to start to see the results come through. I feel let down and now feel like there is nothing more I can do apart from seek more surgery.

I knew the risks so I have to take that on the chin, but I didn't expect the quality to be so low at this stage. My concern is that maybe there has been an error in the implanting stage... I know that Dr Arshad himself didn't put them in. He made the punches for the grafts to go in.

@Dave_2022 I received a message saying that at 6 months my hair looked great they appreciate its not where I expected but it's a process for healing and takes time. Told me to take meds (of course none of which will speed up the growth) and continues to take meds. Density wouldn't come through until the 9 month mark

I'm seriously nervous and not sure what to do...

N

Norwood

Valued member
I'm sorry @SPHW88 that things haven't turned out as well as you'd hoped so far.

You need to wait until 12 months to fully evaluate things and then start to think about what to do next, so try not to obsess over it too much until then (I know it's difficult not to). If I was in your shoes, I would see what the clinic have to say about the final result and then get a second opinion from another surgeon and go from there.

The most important thing is to take time to consider your options and not rush into anything.

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
Do you see an improvement in the middle where you already had hair and had some grafts put in?

S

SPHW88

Hi @Kevboy , well disappointingly i think 2000 grafts should be enough to fill those areas so needing more is freaking me out to be honest. Losing more of my donor for a start and also that would mean already transplanted grafts are now lost.

The clinic think that it is going to come out with a good result yet but going to see them later this month.

The middle part I've been explained was to blend in the hair... In all honesty I had more than enough density in the middle so no change really. I'm hoping there wasn't too many grafts wasted in there but again the clinic explain this is to not leave a gap and solidify the native area.
This area was already strong however as I'm sure you can see from the pictures before.

Trying to keep positive but when I hear this I get brought back down.

H

Hemingway

I think your chances of this being a successful hair transplant now are quite low now and you have to plan for a second transplant. The Hair Dr will offer you a free repair surgery as they have for me, but it's up to you if you wanna take it. There is a cohort of failed transplant from the Hair Dr on this forum all done early 2021 but also some good results so it is a gamble. It's probably safer to go somewhere else but it is money versus grafts.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
I think your chances of this being a successful hair transplant now are quite low now and you have to plan for a second transplant. The Hair Dr will offer you a free repair surgery as they have for me, but it's up to you if you wanna take it. There is a cohort of failed transplant from the Hair Dr on this forum all done early 2021 but also some good results so it is a gamble. It's probably safer to go somewhere else but it is money versus grafts.

What does your result look like?

C

CurlymixedUK

Hey @SPHW88 , just wondering if you have an update (growth wise and whether the clinic has said anything more at this stage?) I’ve been considering going to the same doctor as you, and I need the same amount of grafts for the same area. Hoping your result has improved!