• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

2400+ FUE Dr Bisanga

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Taboo.
It’s taking shape now with nice signs of growth.
Nows the exciting times.Thanks for the update

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi Taboo

Hope all going well for you , it would be nice to see a update you must be passed the 6 month mark now take care i care

Cheers

Dazzster

P

pseudonym

Hi Taboo. Thank you for posting your case, it's very interesting. Bisanga clearly does some excellent work. I am a NW6 and have spent quite a lot of time trying to decide between strip, FUE or no procedure at all. I currently shave my hair very short (number 1/2 or 1 cut). My main concern with strip is that - given my level of hair loss - even with 4000+ grafts I could be left with a bald crown / bald area at the back of my head and I wouldn't be able to shave my hair short again because of the linear scar. FUE would allow me to keep my hair shorter - which I think makes the bald areas less obvious - but I would clearly not get as many grafts from an FUE procedure. My questions for you are: i) are you looking to fill in the crown or other areas towards the back of your head in later procedures or is this less of a concern for you?; ii) what is your density and how many grafts does Dr Bisanga think he can take from you in total?; iii) how short are you able to cut your hair now given the FUE procedure? I see you went to a number 2 buzz cut after three months - is a 2 cut (which is very short) the minimum to avoid showing the donor area at the back of your head?; and iv) are you considering beard or body hair for later transplants? Sorry, lots of questions. Any response, when you have time, would obviously be much appreciated. Good luck with everything.

T

taboo

Valued member
...i plan to have a further procedure in the future, at which time i will also sample a few beard grafts in the crown. Crown is not a great concern to me and at best, i expect to achieve a 'thinning' look.

My density in the three donor areas 90/80/70 - so average of 80!!!

At the start of the initial procedure we set about looking to achieve near 2500 grafts over the two days; we were not far off. A further assessment of my donor area will take place next year - i expect at least a further 1500 to be available.

I have shaved down to a number one without any problem, but usually keep to a number two.

I will post further updates of the eight month mark before Christmas. Overall i'm pleased to have a hair line once again.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Nice to hear you are happy and that you can crop your hair really short, will look forward to your next updates.

Cheers Bm.

P

pseudonym

Hi Taboo. Thanks for the response, much appreciated. I see what you mean, it must be great to have a hairline again. I look forward to your future updates.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Great to hear you happy and I am excited to see your next update.

Warm wishes BN

T

taboo

Valued member
Hello everybody, recently reached the 9 month mark and will be updating soon with more images. The hairline is established and i'm happy with everything so far.

P

pseudonym

Hi Taboo, thanks for the updates so far. I would not normally ask but would love to see your most recent progress photos when you get a chance to post them. Your hair loss pattern is the most similar to mine that I've seen and your approach to addressing it is how I would envisage addressing mine. I'm following your results closely to get a sense of what is possible so would be very grateful to see your 9 month update.

J

JohnnyDrama

Valued member
Meeting Dr. B in a few days for a consultation. Would love to see an update mate!!

T

taboo

Valued member
A few more pics for you to evaluate. Given that i was a NW6 I'm pleased with the result, it's a thinning look and i have a hair line.

Happy to answer any questions.

Taboo

Attachments

• 11+ Months_1.JPG
    11+ Months_1.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 947
T

taboo

Valued member
A pic from old year 2006 - image a little grainy, but you get the idea of where i was.

Attachments

• Yr_2006.jpg
    Yr_2006.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 829
D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Thanks for the update looking good Buddy , their is certainly a big difference from were you started , you got your hairline made up for you , your hair looks good short

Cheers

D

Last edited: