• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

2500 FUE - BHR (Bisanga)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
This is all common knowledge amongst us really, everyone knows that about 12 months is the evaluation time.

Z

zionaxel

Valued member
I suppose everyone is different some get good growth others dont. No guarentee in having a H.T. Best thing to do is shave your head and dont have an H.t in the first place.My bald friends are a lot happier than those i know who have had H.ts..

topccat29

topccat29

29 year HT veteran
I think a hair transplant is all about education and expectations. Unfortunately information was just not readily available 25 years ago. Many men made very poor decisions such as myself. We were just too trusting of the title doctor, but now we know a little better. The fact is, doctors continually take advantage of patients even outside the hair transplant industry with unnecessary surgeries and medications and it €™s very well known, but only to a few. The majority of people simply will not research an issue and very rarely will they ever go against the advice of a doctor. Now that is power, so you can see why it so easily can be abused. That kind of power can be intoxicating over time especially when there is money involved. It really does take an exceptionally strong person to do the right thing and not put profit before the well being of the patient.

As I stated on another forum, I still see too many patients that come to the forums with 2 weeks of research under their belt and they are ready to get into the chair. We have all seen their posts.

Hi, I €™m new but have been reading the forums for 2 weeks and I €™m ready to take the leap.

Hi, there €™s a new machine out that extracts grafts very fast and it €™s suppose to be the latest advancement. I just scheduled a procedure.

Hi, I just consulted with a clinic that started doing fue, but I am very confident that they know what they are doing and will give me a great result.

Hi, I just consulted with a doctor that seems to be a little cold and uncaring, but his work looks good. Should I make the move?

Hi, I just consulted with a clinic that can do the work for $1.00/graft, very affordable.

Hi, I live in the middle of nowhere and don €™t want to travel too far, can someone recommend a good clinic.

Is it any wonder that we still see patients that are unhappy with their work? I see hair transplants that I know are hair transplants but they still look good. Senator Charles Schumer and someone I always see on the business channel Peter Schiff. But if you look at their hairlines they are fairly high which gives them a very normal look. Where a person like VP Joe Biden looks a little bizarre with his low thin hairline.

It €™s all about proper planning, realistic expectations and being patient. I think if you start out with a top clinic such as BHR using fue and you have realistic goals you can have a wonderful result.

I wish I could have had that opportunity, but instead I am a repair patient with very limited expectations. A good analogy would be that I have a canvas that has been partially finger painted by a child. Regardless if I chose the child because he was within driving distance, affordable, looked like he knew what he was doing, sounded confident, said he could finish the canvas in one session, or is experienced and has been finger painting for 1 year, my canvas has been soiled. I can €™t realistically expect someone as great as a Monet or Van Gogh to now turn it into a masterpiece. But even so I am willing to make small improvements over time and it could easily take as long as 5 or more years. Surely if someone such as myself with a completely scarred up head can wait 5 years, then a patient much more fortunate can wait 12-14 months before they evaluate their results.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
Post Deleted

Didn't realise this was still Kinder's topic, this has gone a bit of course I think.
Like Hank are you planning on visiting BHR as well Kinder?

Last edited:
topccat29

topccat29

29 year HT veteran
The point is be grateful that you found one of the top clincs in the world to perform the work. A clinic that is first and foremost concerned with the patient having a great outcome. So yes, it's probably still on topic.

I waited 10 years before even choosing another clinic and I will have to wait at least 5 years for an improvment. 15 years it a farily long time when compared to 12-14 months. Just trying to put things in perspective.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
I'm at 12 years now, but won't have to wait 5 more years. Be nice if we could see some hairline shots from Kinder.

Last edited:
H

hank77

hi,

i just want to make this statement: i am only at 8 months now, and ok, i have expected faster progress and this frustrates me. i had progress in the past and i hope there will be more in the next months, i just expeted it faster.

my hair transplant adviser had a look at me yesterday and he said that everything is ok with my progress, i am not the fastest but he is sure that the improvement will come until month 12 and many patients have my stage at month 8. he is not working for bhr and that makes him independent from them. so i must believe what he says. we wanred to go to bhr this day too, but the waether changed suddenly with major snow and traffic chaos, so it wa not abe to manage this in time. but my dviser told me that bhr would say the same. everthing fine and just wait until 12 month mark.

that brings me to the following:

it was not fair of me to post my frustration inpublic forums because this might create unjustified bad publicity. i am no hair-transplant-expert and this is my first ht. i guess, as sparky said, patients should wait until the 12 month mark before they judge the outcome, especially in public. therefore i will wait for the next 4 months and then see. and no, i have no pressure from bhr to say this, i just recognized that this is not the right way to act. i hope they guys at bhr read this and understand that some people may get frustrated a little bit earlier than others and cannot handle the waiting time as good as others. and i am no easy patient i guess but bhr is very patient with me. this is propably another important point that makes a good clinic. so thanks for the patience, bhr.

maybe other people who plan having a ht can lern from this: not everybody will have great 6-month-results, many will have to wait the full 12 months. and 12 months can be a very very long time for waiting. i really thought that 6 months is the point where almost every patient will have a dramatic increase in growth and the following 6 months a good result is "only progressing to a maybe great". this thought was wrong i guess. many puplished cases in the net of this fast growers may enforce this thinking. this was the case with me. but kinder and myself are experiencing at the emoment that not everybody is a lucky fast grower and everyone planing to have a ht should be prepared that he might be a slow grower too. i wasn ´t.

as i already said, i will wait the full 12 months before i judge my case.

best wishes hank

Last edited:
sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
Hi hank,

You know the clinic is and has always been with you and trying to help you go through the months, it is hard sometimes and if we can help in anyway we are here.

I think what you have said is also good in general for readers, explaining your feelings and emotions and trying to understand that we are all different and must be patient is important for people to understand.

A HT is meant to be a great thing to have, not something that makes us unhappy or frustrated.

Good growth and take care.

H

hank77

hi stephen,

thank you. i really hope my hair progresses in the next months. my biggest problem at the moment is the hairline area. i have good progress in the area behind but very little in the hairline, and this is the major area.

i will see in 4 months.

Balboa

Balboa

Valued member
i would also like to see what progress these guys have now.

H

hank77

I am almost 10 month post op and I don't know what to say.it is 2 months too early to judge, but I am realistic.absolutely no hope anymore.I have my explanation for this.
everyone told me the slow grower story and I tried to believe in it,but that was not true.with one word:I am desperate at the moment.and angry.

sl

sl

Hi hank,

I know Phil has written to you regarding coming to Brussels for a consultation and we hope to see you as soon as is possible. The frustration certainly comes out in your post, as you say actual anger, obviously this is not nice to read because it means in some way the hair transplant has not or is not delivering your wishes. I know you have sent pictures to us in the past but none have been posted, so another good reason why a personal meeting with Dr. B would be advisable otherwise nothing can really be commented on with any valid discussion as to your situation.

H

hank77

sl wrote:
Hi hank,

I know Phil has written to you regarding coming to Brussels for a consultation and we hope to see you as soon as is possible. The frustration certainly comes out in your post, as you say actual anger, obviously this is not nice to read because it means in some way the hair transplant has not or is not delivering your wishes. I know you have sent pictures to us in the past but none have been posted, so another good reason why a personal meeting with Dr. B would be advisable otherwise nothing can really be commented on with any valid discussion as to your situation.

as you probably already know, i will come to brussels within this month.

by the way, i have absolutely no problem to post actual pictures and before pics in this forum if you want. i have absolutely nothing to hide.

K

kinder

Valued member
Well... @10 months, my result is very bad :(( I just don't understand why it went wrong. I'll see BHR in a few weeks too. I'll post pictures & update this topic after this meeting.

M

mars

Valued member
Kinder i think it is safe to asssume you prob wont get the result you were hoping for..but you never know what might happen in the next few months

But lets look at the situation in the big picture..you havent lost an eye or an arm and with regards to hair transplant failures at least you havent spotty fue scars or a horrible strip scar,no doubt your donor is mint so unlike others me included you havent created 2 problems by trying to fix one.

Bhr will no doubt do all they can and will be unhappy if you are unhappy so at least your dealing with a great clinic not a a clinic who is only intereasted in your money.

Last edited:
H

hank77

mars wrote:
Kinder i think it is safe to asssume you prob wont get the result you were hoping for..but you never know what might happen in the next few months

But lets look at the situation in the big picture..you havent lost an eye or an arm and with regards to hair transplant failures at least you havent spotty fue scars or a horrible strip scar,no doubt your donor is mint so unlike others me included you havent created 2 problems by trying to fix one.

Bhr will no doubt do all they can and will be unhappy if you are unhappy so at least your dealing with a great clinic not a a clinic who is only intereasted in your money.

of course kinder and me haven`t lost an arm or an eye, but we lost grafts, many many grafts. it is impossible to bring this grafts back, you cannot fix this lost with money or anything else. of course we both paid around 10000 euros.

my donor situation (before the ht) was average, now it is certainly worse. it is impossible now to treat further hairloss by fue only, maybe even strip procedure will not bring enough grafts for the worst case. i guess kinder has this problem now, too.

i am very curious for bhr`s explanation why 2 patients treated the same day have this bad results.

Last edited:
sl

sl

Hi hank

As you know I am not the advisor for either country you are from therefore I don't personally know you nor your case as I have never dealt with you in all fairness.

I know however you will see the doctor soon and recalled from a previous post that an independent advisor had seen you recently and I read what you wrote about that meeting on this thread.

Well, the frustration and anger is very apparent from the posting style and as mars says this does not make us happy to hear on many levels, care and patient happiness being paramount to us. We can only reserve judgment obviously when we have seen either patient and then we can talk specifically about where they are at present and what can be expected to be achieved, no point speculating when we have not seen in person, and we have no wish to give rhetoric for the sake of it.

As for treating two patients in a day, that is and has been normal practice for us for some time, it obviously depends on the cases, graft numbers and technique but it is not something out of the ordinary and many patients who have posted their personal results here were no different, a correlation between this is no more than looking for a reason and doesn't constitute anything else.

The clinic is aware hank you have your personal view as to why you think your result is not correct, your idea that the clinic behaved in such a way that would constitute medical malpractice/incompetence has been explained many times to you how it could not, did not happen, but it is something we appreciate you believe firmly in.

Talk of no more donor supply remaining, lost grafts..... we just look forward to seeing both with an open door and mind, we treat many people over a year and it is great to have phone calls and mails saying how happy people are, at the same time it hits harder when you have a negative because that is not why we do this and want for anyone for any reason. When you pride yourself on trying to deliver at the highest standards medically and care it gives no comfort to hear so much frustration from anyone. Like I said we can only talk specifically when we see in person and then the doc can examine, check densities, photographs and then comment properly.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all.

I`ve been following this thread to see what the outcome is, i believe its running no where at present and until the patient/s have visited the clinic for personal consultations i feel its best to lock the thread, once the patients have met the doctor the thread can be re-opened for proper assessment by both patient and clinic, but for the moment there is little point in the discussion. Good luck to all involved and hopefully a satisfactory conclusion will come.

Bm.

Status
Not open for further replies.