• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

2500 FUE - BHR (Bisanga)

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kinder

Valued member
They told me that i'm a slow grower also in terms of maturity of hair and that i need to wait a full 12-14 months to get result.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
You have to wait for twelve months to see final results, you know nothing about HT's, what organization do you work for?

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
Hi Kinder

Thank you for posting the updates. I am aware that you had quite an extensive reply from the clinic and that the doctor personally looked at and commented on your pictures indicating that full thickness had not been achieved yet and growth had not been achieved but that there were signs of growth throughout the area and that the calibre of hair will change and thicken as well as new growth over the coming months. Styling pattern and lighting also make a different picture coupled with light hair and if harsh lighting used then it all impacts on the visible result.

Your hair has been growing visibly for approx 4 months so there is still a lot of maturity and growth to come and certainly people do grow at different speeds as the grafts come back into the growth phase, and this differs from person to person for sure.

With respect to Georgehairline, if the patient can €™t or doesn €™t wish to wait 12 months or so for the result then simply best not to have surgery, as I don €™t know of any clinic of procedure promoting results before that period, and have seen some even saying 12 months or longer.

Kinder had furthermore been cordially invited into the clinic for an in person assessment with the doctor in order to measure both density and calibre as and when requested in order to get accurate and factual information by these measurements.

stephenl wrote:
Hi Kinder

Thank you for posting the updates. I am aware that you had quite an extensive reply from the clinic and that the doctor personally looked at and commented on your pictures indicating that full thickness had not been achieved yet and growth had not been achieved but that there were signs of growth throughout the area and that the calibre of hair will change and thicken as well as new growth over the coming months. Styling pattern and lighting also make a different picture coupled with light hair and if harsh lighting used then it all impacts on the visible result.

Your hair has been growing visibly for approx 4 months so there is still a lot of maturity and growth to come and certainly people do grow at different speeds as the grafts come back into the growth phase, and this differs from person to person for sure.

With respect to Georgehairline, if the patient can €™t or doesn €™t wish to wait 12 months or so for the result then simply best not to have surgery, as I don €™t know of any clinic of procedure promoting results before that period, and have seen some even saying 12 months or longer.

Kinder had furthermore been cordially invited into the clinic for an in person assessment with the doctor in order to measure both density and calibre as and when requested in order to get accurate and factual information by these measurements.

Stephen, thankyou nice to get a civil answer.

Actually most clinics do suggest (though possibly not promise) intial hair shedding then regrowth after that at around six to eight months. There are many YouTube videos of respected clinincs showing attractive results at six months.

Maybe the expectation is of a decent result therefore at around six months but perhaps patients should be forewarned that it could now be 18 months! Personally I wouldn't want to wait that long, 18 months out of one's life is an awful awful long time and you would have to consider whether it's all worth it.

I am pleased that you have taken up his case and will look into what has gone wrong here, if anything; and take steps to improve his situation. It's always nice when a professional is given a chance to put things right before it gets out of hand.

You have my respect.

K

kinder

Valued member
I'm aware that i'll have to wait 12-14 months for the final result. I'll also see BHR (in January i think) as planned with the clinic. I hope things will get better.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
I'm sure that BHR will look after you, in my experience they have very good aftercare, I'm only at 7 months and don't have a full result, but always knew that 12 months was the number that you have to wait for to see the actual result.

K

kinder

Valued member
We're in the same boat hank. You should open a case for your HT on this forum too.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
You should reserve judgement until you are at 12 months really, and posting shots of the hairline would be a good idea.

Last edited:
H

hank77

kinder wrote:
We're in the same boat hank. You should open a case for your HT on this forum too.

i don`t know how this could help. i am nearby 8 months now, and my outcome so far is far far away even from my lowerst expectations. i kept my faith until the 6th month, but after this mark without sigificant progress, my faith and hope turned into frustration and anger.

Last edited:
Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
If your gonna say things like this you should show us pics like Kinder did, it will help you to keep an online record of your HT progress or lack thereof. Without pics they are just words and we can't sympathize, anyone can come on here saying they aren't happy. Post some pics :)

H

hank77

Sparky wrote:
If your gonna say things like this you should show us pics like Kinder did, it will help you to keep an online record of your HT progress or lack thereof. Without pics they are just words and we can't sympathize, anyone can come on here saying they aren't happy. Post some pics :)

hi,

i posted my pics on a german hair transplant board.

i will meet with bhr in 2 weeks and want to wait until i have their explanation about my situation, before i post anymore pics or going into detail in the internet. i am no hair transplant expert (this was my first ht) and maybe the success cases with great results after 5-7 months, shown in this and other forums in the internet only represent a small percentage of patients and the majority of patients don`t grow that fast. that is what bhr told me. i am trying to believe this.

Last edited:
Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
Without before and after pics there isn't much point in posting here. I'm interested in commenting on your status but can't if you won't post pics, so how hope you get some good info at the BHR meeting, can't say more than that atm though.

H

hank77

Sparky wrote:
Without before and after pics there isn't much point in posting here. I'm interested in commenting on your status but can't if you won't post pics, so how hope you get some good info at the BHR meeting, can't say more than that atm though.

this is not my topic here, it is kinder`s. if it were mine, of course i would show pics. i just answered on kinder`s topic. but we are getting off-topic. this topic should stay with kinder and his situation, not mine. i just wanted to help kinder showing him that he is not the only one with poor progress and i think it is always helpful to know that there are others with similar problems.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
Believe me if I'm not happy with my results at 12 months I will talk to BHR about it, but I would only air it in a forum if they were unwilling to rectify it. At the moment you are both at the same mark post op as me, so you really can't tell anything until 12 months is up. This does relate to Kinder aswell so it's still on topic.

I really believe that if none of us attain the growth we should, BHR will do right by us.

topccat29

topccat29

29 year HT veteran

I was very happy with my result at 4 or 5 months. Many of the beard hairs didn €™t fall out and continued to grow. The clinic kept telling me it was way too early to judge the result, but even so I was still very happy to just see a few more hairs here and there.

I think it €™s more about perspective. Where I was pleased with a few more hairs popping out here and there for others I am very sure it would have been too slow. But we all find ourselves in different circumstances so this does skew are view.

The clinic was certainly right, more and more hairs came in over time. At the 11 month mark the hair continues to thicken up and get better and better, so one really does need to wait to judge the final result.

It €™s takes a lot of patience to watch hair grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.