• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

2700 FUE grafts with Dr Arshad- The Hair Dr 25/01/2021

D

djkillab

Valued member
I think your hair looks much better when it's down to be honest. Quite a few people on here go for the wet look slicked back style but I think it always makes the hair look thinner. It would be the same with mine

A

AFA7

I think your hair looks much better when it's down to be honest. Quite a few people on here go for the wet look slicked back style but I think it always makes the hair look thinner. It would be the same with mine
Cheers mate, i wear it down normally I just slick it back to give an accurate view of the loss on here, I’m quite lucky that the way it sits hides the receding and thinner areas

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It would be good to see what it looks like with dry hair. I appreciate the before pictures were with wet hair and you’re doing a similar comparison but seeing it dry makes it easier to judge density. Right now, it does appear thinner on the left temple but it still has time to catch up. The prp may help to speed growth up. The density in the forelock area looks similar to pre op. This may be due to some shock loss and shedding as you only started the Finasteride after surgery. The next few months will determine how much more it will improve.

A

AFA7

It would be good to see what it looks like with dry hair. I appreciate the before pictures were with wet hair and you’re doing a similar comparison but seeing it dry makes it easier to judge density. Right now, it does appear thinner on the left temple but it still has time to catch up. The prp may help to speed growth up. The density in the forelock area looks similar to pre op. This may be due to some shock loss and shedding as you only started the Finasteride after surgery. The next few months will determine how much more it will improve.
Here’s a couple with the hair brushed back dry, it really does show the lack of density in the right side but obviously it looks poor all over at the minute.

CD8A238A-0C1B-46B0-B9DF-5E271C5BCEA2.pngA1C411AD-30E1-4CE9-BDE4-30CF5D72FD71.png9D614A06-2416-4D70-BB18-CA4793732A23.png8A8311A1-B2BE-44D7-84CA-79D03E284868.png

D

Dave_2022

Density is below what you would expect at this stage but perhaps some time for improvement.
What have the clinic advised you in regards to the low growth and poor density?

A

AFA7

Density is below what you would expect at this stage but perhaps some time for improvement.
What have the clinic advised you in regards to the low growth and poor density?
They were still confident I could get to a stage where I was happy with the result, this was a month ago but with no change since then they might think differently now.
I will just have to wait the next couple of months and hope that the PRP brings on some new growth but I wouldn’t say I was hopeful of a massive change now

A

AFA7

12 month result update

As of last week I’m now 12 month post HT and as you will be able to tell Im very disappointed with the result.
Despite a little bit of growth in the temples both are very thin, especially the right side and in natural light you can’t really see any difference from the pre HT state.
Overall there has been a little bit of improvement in density in the forelock than what it looked like a year ago but it still appears thin, doesn’t match what I expected and a repair is needed.
I’m trying to look at the positives as not all the grafts have been wasted but it’s a bit gutting as 2700 grafts should have been sufficient to cover the area.
I’ve attached photos both wet slick back and dry to give as much perspective as possible and I would welcome any comments.

.F5291AF9-C101-47FC-A618-1DC573BCF549.png34C693D0-9109-4BED-8E18-A1272525B520.png68E594E9-F9E3-424A-BCDD-5003120D3C6C.png819E8264-6CC9-42C7-85A4-1495F369C168.png1D74AD63-12BB-4E41-A6B7-476E64F86EA7.png88822004-C19F-493A-B6AB-3A180C329CB5.pngD82E4535-6B3E-4C79-9A8B-B015ACA23108.jpegCF1F6E15-978E-45FF-B48C-D37E68870607.pngED90266A-A2D9-452B-BC4E-0D5043DF27AA.pngB8D77C8B-D0F3-4ED0-9800-A6EB94639D2A.jpeg5D6E978D-A35B-43D0-AE71-788A9B7F3DD5.png14CCCB2C-66A5-4FE0-879A-451136412828.png

E

Edsarn

I have had 4 HTs, and unlike some, my hair seemed to take time to mature fully and I often did not see the final result until around the 15 to 18 month mark, especially when I had crown work completed, but I am not sure how much the right side will improve though.

@AFA7 - have you decide what you are going to do? I wonder whether it might be best to get other opinions from different HT surgeons from this forum, to see what they think, if you decide to opt for another surgery. I completely understand why you are hesitant though.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
I would defo contact the clinic again as I’m sure they will do their best to get you a result you are happy with.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi AF47. I’m sorry to see you’ve not had the result expected.
You’ve definitely had growth along your hairline and the temples but it doesn’t seem enough to provide the fullness of a hairline. Right now, it looks like a thinning hairline that requires surgical intervention.
It would be helpful if you could add some pictures in natural light, either by a window or outside. Under bright lights, your hair will look thinner.
In your pre op your hair was damp. These pictures you’ve added your hair is dry or a lot wetter. I’ve took the dry ones to do a comparison with your pre op.

As you can see, you have had quite a bit growth. Your temples look hairless in your pre op.

695B347F-B398-45C7-85D9-77A5E7B688FB.jpeg

Comparing your pre and immediate post op pictures it appears grafts were placed further back into your native hair. In my opinion, these would have been better utilised in the frontal third.
I`ve made a quick comparison to show what I mean. Was this the plan to go into your native hair? If all your grafts have grown, I believe they were spread out too thinly or you required more grafts to get the result you expected.

0DCCE677-B0CA-4222-B1D1-45CD53FC0930.jpeg

If you make contact with the clinic, you could ask about the graft numbers and distribution.

S

SPHW88

I have asked the clinic about my grafts and distribution but I've not received detailed information other than a high level blending comment - for a similar result.
A few of us now seem to be considering further work.

Reactions: 41M
A

AFA7

Hi all apologies for the late reply

I visited with Dr Arshad at the beginning of March. The review was positive, I felt he took my concerns on board and agreed that he wasn’t happy with the outcome. He had the same opinion as @Bigmac that it now shows as just a thinning hairline.

He said that he believed that poor graft quality could be to blame for the temples not coming in as much, theses grafts in question were the ones taken above my ear, if and when a top up is done he said he would take more from the area at the back below the crown where it is stronger.
He also believed that too small of a punch could have been used and in the next procedure he would use the next size up which would be 0.8. The top up procedure would also be solely performed by him cutting the incisions and extracting the grafts.

He said that it would only take around 300 grafts in each temple to repair and he might also strengthen the area behind the hairline in the forelock as it is still a bit thinner than desired, however on the quote sent through only 500 approximate grafts to the temples are mentioned so I imagine that would be a decision on the day.

As for the top up procedure I haven’t been booked in for as I have a couple of weddings this year. Dr Arshad was keen to get this done as quick as possible and said that it would only need partially shaved but I don’t want to take a risk with it not growing back in time.

On the negative side however after asking a number of times for my review pictures to be sent, I didn’t receive all angles that were taken just four pictures that I will attach. I asked the clinic if they could send them and they no longer have them.
They confirmed they hadn’t been deleted though, I have since expressed my disappointment about this and told them I think it’s a bit poor. They have said they’re investing this.
I’m not calling into question the aftercare, I have received quick replies and they obviously care about how the result looks, but to have drove all the way down and not be able to compare pre HT photos and see the progress that has been made was very frustrating and a bit gutting. I particularly wanted to compare how it looked wet straight on and head down.

I will attach these photos alongside ones I have taken myself in outside lighting wet and dry.

As ever I would appreciate any comments or thoughts
D31880DB-2982-48EA-8DA4-2CCDDACEA8F8.jpeg57635396-C411-4E5D-B6D4-AC1E70330B21.jpeg245124D4-67D7-43B3-A224-057416932E6E.jpeg29E3364F-9566-412A-BAF3-8E34C82CA0E2.jpegE8C01978-15B5-4115-8311-EC5D0D8ED7B4.jpegAD649C69-279B-4595-BB4C-A91DC049D600.jpeg2FFFD168-7D9F-4CCA-95D7-9C10740599D2.jpegFE81EAA4-10BF-4584-9ECA-567D98EF40F2.jpeg31D13A83-8BF5-47AC-987C-B8218E0967E8.pngFB78B74A-0E85-4AD1-B850-655222293088.jpegC0E1EF0D-0ECB-4087-BDAA-CB2B5F10B8AA.jpeg72F29744-71B9-4169-A874-C707466F3EBF.jpeg

U

User

I visited with Dr Arshad at the beginning of March. The review was positive, I felt he took my concerns on board and agreed that he wasn’t happy with the outcome. He had the same opinion as @Bigmac that it now shows as just a thinning hairline.

He said that he believed that poor graft quality could be to blame for the temples not coming in as much, theses grafts in question were the ones taken above my ear, if and when a top up is done he said he would take more from the area at the back below the crown where it is stronger.
He also believed that too small of a punch could have been used and in the next procedure he would use the next size up which would be 0.8. The top up procedure would also be solely performed by him cutting the incisions and extracting the grafts.

He said that it would only take around 300 grafts in each temple to repair and he might also strengthen the area behind the hairline in the forelock as it is still a bit thinner than desired, however on the quote sent through only 500 approximate grafts to the temples are mentioned so I imagine that would be a decision on the day.

As for the top up procedure I haven’t been booked in for as I have a couple of weddings this year. Dr Arshad was keen to get this done as quick as possible and said that it would only need partially shaved but I don’t want to take a risk with it not growing back in time.

On the negative side however after asking a number of times for my review pictures to be sent, I didn’t receive all angles that were taken just four pictures that I will attach. I asked the clinic if they could send them and they no longer have them.
They confirmed they hadn’t been deleted though, I have since expressed my disappointment about this and told them I think it’s a bit poor. They have said they’re investing this.
I’m not calling into question the aftercare, I have received quick replies and they obviously care about how the result looks, but to have drove all the way down and not be able to compare pre HT photos and see the progress that has been made was very frustrating and a bit gutting. I particularly wanted to compare how it looked wet straight on and head down.

I will attach these photos alongside ones I have taken myself in outside lighting wet and dry.

View attachment 31716View attachment 31717View attachment 31718View attachment 31719View attachment 31720View attachment 31721View attachment 31722View attachment 31723View attachment 31724View attachment 31725View attachment 31726View attachment 31727
Hi mate, not too dissimilar to where I'm going to end up. Glad your review went well. I'm assuming the top-up/quote you have been offered will done free of charge?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member

I visited with Dr Arshad at the beginning of March. The review was positive, I felt he took my concerns on board and agreed that he wasn’t happy with the outcome. He had the same opinion as Bigmac that it now shows as just a thinning hairline.

Is your hair miniaturising above your ears? Or were the grafts transected with the 0.7mm punch?

If any extra are required behind the hairline, will they be free or will you have to pay for them? I think around 600 grafts would give the hairline the boost you’d be happy with.

They confirmed they hadn’t been deleted though, I have since expressed my disappointment about this and told them I think it’s a bit poor. They have said they’re investigating this.

I hope they can find out what happened to your pictures and send them to you.

I agree. It must be disappointing for you. Without all the pictures, it is difficult to make a decent comparison.

41M

View attachment 31716View attachment 31717View attachment 31718View attachment 31719View attachment 31720View attachment 31721View attachment 31722View attachment 31723View attachment 31724View attachment 31725View attachment 31726View attachment 31727
I had a lot taken from over my ear in December. This worries me. It caused lots of shock loss too on side of head.