• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

2866 FUE on Crown with Dr Lupanzula

L

lm1978

After having many consultations in London over several years I was about to go with a famous clinic in Harley Street but it was Scott from Medikemos who convinced me to go with Dr Lupanzula in Belgium. Scott did this by allowing me to follow his own hair transplant with Dr Lupanzula over the next year (2019).

I met Scott and Dr Lupanzula personally several times when they came to London for assessments and to see Scotts results in person. Then I was convinced. After saving up during lockdown I travelled to Belgium last week. Scott was fantastic at giving me all the covid advice about how to travel, testing and where to stay etc. Dr Lupanzula conducted all the work himself while in Belgium, he was professional, kind, well mannered and very experienced as were the rest of his small team who looked after me with a very personal touch.

Everything seemed to go well to plan and the price was what had been expected.

It has been a week since I returned from Belgium, and Scott has been fantastic with the after support also.. answering all my questions about post op care.

Obviously it is too early to say how my results will look in a years time but I am hopeful! I attach pictures of before, during (recipient & donor area) and one from a few days after the op.

Stay tuned
L

Before.jpeg
During A.jpeg
During B.jpeg
After.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum.
It`s good to hear you`ve had a good experience and surgery went well. The work looks nice and clean. Those 2866 grafts should make a great difference to your crown. I see Dr Lupanzula has followed the natural pattern and angle of your crown whirl.
Are you on any hair loss regimen?
I`m looking forward to following your progress as your hair loss pattern mirrored my own.
All the best.
Bm.

L

lm1978

I have been taking finasteride for many years and used regaine uptil the transplant but will continue its use again soon

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Finasteride has worked great at retaining my hair/preventing the crown from expanding more.
Two of my threads can be found on page 9.

L

lm1978

Yeah great work it looks like it did the trick for you BM? You must be very happy?
So you don't expect to loose any more due to the finasteride and will effectively stay this way?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I`ve had a few transplants on the crown which filed it in. The thin/bald area was expanding all the time to the point it was about 1 1/2 inches behind my hairline. Finasteride stopped this and strengthened the miniaturised hairs there. It still looks good 16 years after I started Finasteride.

L

lm1978

So in your experience BM do you think I will require further transplants to gain the density I desire? Or is there a chance with Finasteride this one could do the trick?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Nothing is guaranteed but you may be happy with this one procedure. The layering effect and the whorl should give good coverage. If Finasteride manages to strengthen any miniaturised hairs in the area, then you could be a winner.

Scott Medikemos

Scott Medikemos

Valued member
Thanks for your thorough write up and really looking forward to seeing your updates over the coming year!

Scott Medikemos

Scott Medikemos

Valued member
Filling in nicely! Incredibly early progress for the crown, thanks for the update!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It is looking very good for 5 months. Your crown is filling in nicely and the swirl taking shape. You must be happy with the progress to date.

L

lm1978

Thanks guys, appreciate the support. Very pleased with the results so far. After years of touching my scalp and feeling bald skin I can now already feel hair there when I touch and no longer skin. Hopefully in a few more months I will never need to wear concealer again

S

smokeybacon

Your crown is looking very good already and only 5 months.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It’s a liberating feeling when you can ditch the concealer. I used it for years on my crown, then no more once my growth had kicked in enough.