• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

3 final options, please help me decide!

G

gus bs

These are my final options for a transplant in Turkey
Please help me chose one. DO NOT SUGGEST A DIFFERENT ONE PLEASE!

1- COSMEDICA 4500-4800 grafts
DR ACAR ONLY DRAWS THE LINES. Nurses do all the procedure.
2 days Procedure MEGA SESSION.
COST: 3500 Euro
INCLUDED: Hotel
DOESN'T INCLUDE: After care medicines and products

2-DR.OZLEM BICER :
4000 grafts. DR BICER OPENS ALL THE CHANNELS.
COST: 4650 Euro
INCLUDED: After care medicines and products
DOESN'T INCLUDE: Hotel

3-DR. YAMAN
3500 grafts
COST: 3000 Euro
DR YAMAN OPENS ALL THE CHANNELS
INCLUDED: After care products and hotel

Last edited:
G

gus bs

The important question in here is:

HOW IMPORTANT IS THAT THE DOCTOR HIMSELF OPENS THE CHANNELS INSTEAD OF NURSES?

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
I`ve never heard of Dr Yaman so I looked at his website. I saw one mans hairline with rounded corners that looked like a woman's hairline, the other ones look ok. I don`t know if he does one a day.
Dr Acar results look good but if he is the only doctor at the clinic, doing your surgery and overseeing other ones you won`t have his full attention.
Dr Bicer only has one patient a day, results look ok which makes her my preferred choice.

G

gus bs

I`ve never heard of Dr Yaman so I looked at his website. I saw one mans hairline with rounded corners that looked like a woman's hairline, the other ones look ok. I don`t know if he does one a day.
Dr Acar results look good but if he is the only doctor at the clinic, doing your surgery and overseeing other ones you won`t have his full attention.
Dr Bicer only has one patient a day, results look ok which makes her my preferred choice.
Thanks, Dr Bicer is the most expensive too *4650euro.....against 3500e (4500/4800 grafts) and 3000e (3500) grafts
Do you think Dr Bicer's hairlines are ok? They all look round lines and woman's hairlines to me..

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
I just went to look again on her website but it keeps giving me a 404 error for the results page. The ones posted here look ok. Have you a preferred choice?

G

gus bs

I just went to look again on her website but it keeps giving me a 404 error for the results page. The ones posted here look ok. Have you a preferred choice?
I wish I had....I change my mind every 30 seconds!

G

gus bs

right now I believe Dr Yaman is a great option.
I like Dr Bicer very much, but she is 1600 Euro more expensive.
Money is not the issue here.
I just believe Dr Yaman looks really good.
Great results, he is doing the extractions.
I have 2 days left to decide....

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Gus.
Here are some things to consider when deciding on a clinic.
Do they use microscopes to check and sort the extracted grafts?
Do they use high magnification for extractions and transplanting?
Experience of the doctor and the team that will be working on you.
These can have an impact on price even though you say price is not the deciding factor.
You need to pick the right clinic that you feel will give you the best possible chance of achieving your goals.

G

gus bs

Thanks BIGMAC.
Is the EXTRACTION PROCESS the most relevant part of the operation?
I know that ALL is important.
But is this part, let´s say CRITICAL for a succesful transplant?
Usually Doctors do not do the implanting of the grafts since this is a tedious work
that usually nurses or technicians do. So is the EXTRACTION and PLANIFICATION
the critical part where a good professional does his most relevant job?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
All are important
Extracting grafts that are not damaged.
Checking the grafts for damage.
Sorting out the groupings.
planting plan and density.
Planting at correct angles.
No multigrafts in hairline.
Doctor checking the finished work at the end of surgery.

Let’s say a doctor extracts 4000 grafts but 500 are transected/no good. That’s a bad ratio but the 3500 may all grow and produce a nice result but you’ve lost 500 donor which thins out your donor or leaves lots of scarring.

Check out what punch sizes they use, what transaction rates they have.

Lots a lot of extra work but you should know everything before going ahead,

Raphael84

Raphael84

Valued member
The important question in here is:

HOW IMPORTANT IS THAT THE DOCTOR HIMSELF OPENS THE CHANNELS INSTEAD OF NURSES?

It is extremely important.

Providing yield is good, it will dictate the design, density, and hair direction of your result which all influence how natural it will be.

As you yourself have explained that you may have concerns with the hairlines that you have seen from one of the other doctors on your list.
Yet if a nurse/tech is making your recipient sites, you will not have any reference to how skilled this assistant may or may not be and have no idea of their artistic capabilities and vision.

If a tech is making sites, this is normally because the clinic is performing surgery on a higher number of patients each day. This increases the risk as you have no idea of which surgical team you will have or which technician will be making your sites.

The price may be attractive, but the risk factor grows exponentially.

Do further research. Check the donor extraction pattern and how donors are managed as your graft counts are significant for a single surgery. Again, this is not possible when selected a clinic who scheduled many patients per day with various techs performing punching.

I wish you the very best.

G

gus bs

It is extremely important.

Providing yield is good, it will dictate the design, density, and hair direction of your result which all influence how natural it will be.

As you yourself have explained that you may have concerns with the hairlines that you have seen from one of the other doctors on your list.
Yet if a nurse/tech is making your recipient sites, you will not have any reference to how skilled this assistant may or may not be and have no idea of their artistic capabilities and vision.

If a tech is making sites, this is normally because the clinic is performing surgery on a higher number of patients each day. This increases the risk as you have no idea of which surgical team you will have or which technician will be making your sites.

The price may be attractive, but the risk factor grows exponentially.

Do further research. Check the donor extraction pattern and how donors are managed as your graft counts are significant for a single surgery. Again, this is not possible when selected a clinic who scheduled many patients per day with various techs performing punching.

I wish you the very best.
Thank you very much!

C

Coady

If you chose the vip package with Cosmedica Dr Acar is involved in the surgery. Their results are very good.

G

GenesisG

Hi Gus bs,
I am very pleased with my hairline , we decided together with Dr.Bicer. She measured my face before drawing. Check my photos.
I hope you'll make the best decision for yourself(y)