• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

4 months in, really worried about possible cobblestoning.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
More than likely it’ll be just dead tissue.

O

Omar

will it leave any marks if that's the case or should it be a reason for concern? this picture freaked me out a bit

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-09-28-21-17-00-24.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-09-28-21-17-00-24.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 181
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
The picture is not clear enough. There should be no marks.
Have you tried the warm compress? Ask your clinic if they feel you need any antibiotic or steroid cream.

O

Omar

i tries to warm compress it and a couple of spots became a bit red but the rest still looks like this i just shaved it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-09-30-15-54-31-73.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-09-30-15-54-31-73.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 184
V

Viking

Surely 4 months is too early to panic? Your right at the beginning of the growth phase i think so it will likely all be disguised anyway when the hair comes through properly?

O

Omar

the fact that the surgeon told me he doesn't see anything wrong is what made really panic i think, do you know if anything can be done about it if it's indeed cobblestoning?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
If it is cobblestoning there’s not a lot that can be done. Extraction via fue, some say laser resurfacing works.
You’ll need to use the compress for a few days. If it does not clear you could ask your doctor for a topical treatment or seek a second opinion from another HT doctor or Dermatologist.

O

Omar

If it is cobblestoning there’s not a lot that can be done. Extraction via fue, some say laser resurfacing works.
You’ll need to use the compress for a few days. If it does not clear you could ask your doctor for a topical treatment or seek a second opinion from another HT doctor or Dermatologist.
laser resurfacing as in laser hair removal as well?

O

Omar

and if i may ask, can say extract the grafts with fue and implant them again within the same session in the same spots?

Techno1

Techno1

The extraction area has to heal before another graft is placed. The raised skin surrounding the graft will still be there when the graft is punched out.

Techno1

Techno1

The tissue around it is raised and needs to heal. Dr. John Cole has some detailed information on the extraction process.

O

Omar

so if i get them extracted and put it the grafts somewhere else and wait a while everything is gonna get healed? (i understand there will be small dots from the punch) but the cobblestoning will go away correct?

Techno1

Techno1

You can have the extracted grafts trimmed and then re-planted in another location. Uneven tissue might need laser treatment. You need to seek the opinion of someone specialized in treating this condition.

O

Omar

The picture is not clear enough. There should be no marks.
Have you tried the warm compress? Ask your clinic if they feel you need any antibiotic or steroid cream.
been doing the warm compress ever since it got a lot softer but it looks like this at the moment, i feel like it's not looking good right?

Screenshot_2021-10-16-02-45-00-58.jpg