• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

5 Month Update

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
N2

Well... its looks like all that research, questions, research, research and more research have paid off well and truly..

Looking for good and at only 5 months.... its just not fair when I think about how long I had to wait !!

I hate you... and in a totally heterosexual way :)

Nice to see you back..

On another note... I had that sort of "wave" from my HT hairs up until the 1 year mark.... but seeing how you have come along I guess it will go much quicker..

All the best

Tim

Last edited:
NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

timuk wrote:
I hate you... and in a totally heterosexual way :)

Tim

LoOOoOOoOOoL *everything* is in a totally "heterosexual way" LOL! :T:
thanks tim Z:B

here's a pic of my crown. If this pic looks like its in dim lighting its not intentional. I took this pic in the same lighting as my other (front/top/side) pics in this thread, only Im holding the camera behind my head so I think it blocked the light a bit and is out of focus.

I know it's not the best, but *you* try and take a pic of your own crown. I think it has darkened in color, which is a sign of a reversing in miniaturization. I'll probably use some nanogen to throw in that area you can see some scalp.

Attachments

• DSC00821.JPG
    DSC00821.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 481
Last edited:
NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

here's pre meds, but its pretty difficult to compare given the discrepancy in lengths; also I think the pre med pic is under harsher lighting. Ill have to get someone to take crown pics later to compare.

Attachments

• DSC00025.JPG.jpeg
    DSC00025.JPG.jpeg
    24.1 KB · Views: 501
NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

There is NO way in *hell* I could do this pre-op!

I'm not trying to be an attention-whore here, it's just I know how much I bit$hed and hated that no one w/a ht posted any styled pics when I was trying to make my decision, so I thought *I* of all people, better post a ton of pics! I hope all of these pics don't look exactly the same to you guys, or anyone interested.

Just tried this "thickening mousse" tonight...it makes your hair fluff and plump up, I felt like donald trump when I was blow drying it in LOL.

Attachments

• DSC00814.JPG
    DSC00814.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 471
Last edited:
NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

LOL god, do *all* of these sets of pics look EXACTLY the same? LooOoOOoL Im trying to post a ton of pics, and yet they ALL loook the same! '''h;h;;h

Attachments

• DSC00817.JPG
    DSC00817.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 463
Last edited:
NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

Attachments

• DSC00819.JPG
    DSC00819.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 465
Last edited:
NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

Im not dodging taking a pic under the sun, its just I live in a condominum complex and in my courtyard there's literally 200+ of my neighbors windows staring down at me...don't exactly want them seeing me take a pic of my own hair, especially since I've been hiding under a hat for so long...will/should take one in my car under the sunroof...soon.

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

Edit- - honestly, this last set is under such *extreme* conditions, and looks *so* DRASTICALLY different than what I actually see in the mirror, that I think *most* wouldn't even post these pics...I *am* however, because it was precisely my complaint of other ht recipients when I was doing my research, namely that they had such minimal pictures from a single view point, and w/out an attempt at a "style"...I guess, just take that into account for whatever it's worth.
Original Post:
This set is under *extremely* bright, direct overhead lighting. It's the exact same lighting ( my kitchen ) as the pre med crown shot on this page. This is by far *the* closest I can get to bright light apart from directly under the sun, which I will, soon.

As an aside, part of the descrepancy in the 'width' of the hairline in this shot, and in the other shot, is due to proximity: this picture is much closer and shows my wide-ass forehead...just like on page one of this thread, in the "dry no product" pushed straight up shot -AND- pushed up w/product in the previous lighting; they're both extremely close up, and as such make the hairline look less wide.

Attachments

• DSC00825.JPG
    DSC00825.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 458
Last edited:
NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

again, haven't had a haircut in 5 months...lol

Attachments

• DSC00826.JPG
    DSC00826.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 444
Last edited:
NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

overall- thrilled!
need a hair cut- yes!
need big gay curls to calm- yes!
overall though, I *am* sOooooooOOO fuc$king happy I did this! Hasson and his staff are fu$King incredible! For gods sake, Im at five months and this last set of pics are balls out, extreme lighting, no haircut pics...

honestly, I'm *so* fu$king glad I went through with this! Thank you: thanatopsis awry, janna, Nervous Nelly, Big Mac, Tim UK, and all the rest for being my big gay support ( south park refference Z:B)(_::Z:B'''ss'')...
will post updates as neccessary...

Attachments

• DSC00833.JPG
    DSC00833.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 454
Last edited:
janna

janna

Valuable Member
I don't personally think you need to sweat trying to get pics outside. You've given plenty of different angles, etc. I also think you can lose the hat. You've got tons more hair on top now. Your hair certainly looks like it's benefited from ht and meds so enjoy it already!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Much better pictures NG,i`m glad you are happy with the outcome so far as you were undrcided for so long but all your research has paid dividends.

Looks great,i agree wth Jannna you should ditch the hat now.

Thanks for keeping us updated.

bm.

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

Thanks Janna & BM.
I actually went out tonight w/out a hat. Felt pretty liberating, although naked lol. c;;9:T: I need a haircut bad, and I'll post some pics post hair cut for any OCD guys like me who are really interested to see how ht's look w/different styles and under various conditions apart from the standard ht 'anchor man do'.

For anyone whose on the fence, I'll say this: I'm at 5 months and the results have by far exceeded my best possible expectations.

Oooooh, and as far as any theories about smoking/unhealthy diet affecting ultimate yield goes, I can conclusively refute any and all of those theories lol.

Last edited:
Masher

Masher

Well done NGTGB! awesome updates and some great picks - really pleased for ya.I agree with Janna time to lose the hat and the inhibitions you ARE no longer Balding dude and your hairline finally fits your name ¬b`
To put things into perspective I am 2 weeks away from flying out to the good 'ol USA and my HT with Sir Ron, Janna-Matt and all the SMG elite squad.I would be well happy with your frontal hairline at 1 year - never mind 5 months!
Its a top banana result mate-time to burn your hat collection-get out and party dude! LOL

Mash

Last edited:
Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Holy shit NG2GB. Things are beyond expectations at this point. What a dramatic change. Looks absolutely great. You likely will still benefit quit a bit. In fact don't be surprised if you still see changes up to 18 months--they are subtle but nonetheless it happens. You are a lucky sob that you have the wave to your hair. It definitely is giving you a much better look and options with hairstyles. Glad you have felt liberated enough to go hatless. No issues there as no one would ever guess. Things are superb. Have you told anyone??

NN

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

Hey Masher,

thanks dude, that was one hell of a compliment w/respect to the 1 year/5 month result thing. Ya, honestly the results have already exceeded my expectations. I guess I've been wearing a hat still because the last time I had (the top of) my hair cut, was by Hasson the day of surgery and it's so uneven in length and untamed, that it's hard to "style". I'll post pics after a haircut *if* it looks different, because all of my pictures seem to look exactly the same lol. Thanks again.

NN,

hey man, thanks! I was actually really curious how much more of a change I could expect since I've seemed to be such a fast grower, and asked Jotronic this the other day on the phone. He said he really has no idea how much growth and density I have left to come & was blown away by my early results. When I pressed him on it, he said if he had to guess he would say that I'm effectively at (i.e. what month the average patient would experience the same growth I've had) 9 months post op. He even asked if I "shed" any grafts post op or if they just stuck and continued to grow. I actually made a post about that on this site, and the consensus was I shed quite a bit, which I agreed with. In addition, he said that most patients realize a full maturation of the hair by month 18, but given my premature growth he thinks I'll be there by month 12.

Regarding telling anyone: well, everyone that knows knew I was going in for the procedure pre-op. It's actually kind of funny, when my sister saw me the first week I got back from Canada, she saw my hairline and just said --"It looks *just* like before!" (regarding the location of my hairline...she hadn't paid as close of attention to my 'i' shaped recessed hairline as I had)....but I hadn't seen her for four months after my surgery, and when she asked to see my hair, I took off my hat and she and my brother in law said:
"WooOoOoAH you look like Elvis" because my hair was standing straight up. lol. I don't think I look like elvis, but that was certainly nice to hear from someone whose so blunt.

Last edited:
NotBadHairUK

NotBadHairUK

Valued member
Hey NG2GB!! seriously awesome at this early stage!! I know you have mentioned about the texture is still wavey and hard to style, but you really will need the hair to grow out for a good 12-18 months to see the texture become much more natural and manageable (it already looks great now!).

I had the same thing (but more like 8 - 12 months after my 1st HT) at 5 months your in amazing shape! I still noticed my hair become more natural and change in texture / more straighter / maturing, right up to 2-3 years it was still improving in texture! Its not something you will see over night. But I can almost guarrentee you in 2 years it will be feeling and be looking even better than it does after 1 year.. ;) so you have absolutely nothing to be concerned about at just 5 months!! lol ;) grow well bud and love hearing you have ditched the hat!! I can remember after I ditched mine for the 1st time in over 10 years I felt naked too! but also like I was flying!! great to see how well your doing.. :)

Great pics... and congrats ;)

Last edited: