• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

8100 FUT - Dr. Muresanu, Hattingen HT

J

janosch

Hi guys,

Just a quick update on M+11 (vertex still lags a bit behind)

DSC01392.JPG

DSC01404.JPG

DSC01410.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Janosch, a pretty amazing transformation so far you`ve had. Anyone looking at you would just assume you have no hair loss issues. The wave to your hair really helps and the natural hairline that`s been created. Your crown is a massive improvement too, it still has time to mature more. The transplanted density was probably less in the crown and your natural wave isn`t as prominent there. The hair tends to lay flatter on you.
Thanks for the update and I hope you`re enjoying the new look.

R

Robert24

Hello Janosh,
First congratulation on this amazing transformation. I'm really amazed to see such results. It gives me hope for my condition as well.
If you don't mind, I have a few questions, as I'm myself wanting to do a hair transplant. I'm new on the forum and I don't know if it's ok to ask questions to patients. I guess so since it is directly related to the topic, but if there are rules concerning this, please let me know. Here are the questions (I put a number to make it easier to answer):
1) I see that your surgeon does both FUE and FUT and I wonder if there was a special reason to choose FUT over FUE? Can you get more grafts with a FUT? 8100 seems to be a lot.
2) Do you have the impression that if you wanted to shave your head, the scar would be a problem for the razor blade?
3) Is there any reason which prevented you to do this hair transplant earlier?
4) Are you hair especially thick (which would explain a bit how you get such a perfect coverage)?

All my questions are sincere. I'm myself loosing my hair since I'm 20 (I'm 30 now) and I'm trying to get an idea of what's possible and what is the right solution for me (if any). But I apologize if these questions seem a bit direct.

Again, congratulation on your successful surgery!

J

janosch

Hi Robert

Thank you for your message - I'm still happy with the result and it has improved since the pictures, I now have a short haircut and the coverage is very good. The only thing I'm moderately happy with is the scar: I have cut my hair a bit too short in the back and you see the scar. I don't see it and people don't care, but Dr Muresanu offered a free FUE in the scar to cover it a little bit more.
I'll post pictures later.

1. I chose FUT for 2 reasons: it's cheaper (I couldn't afford the FUE), and you can get a lot more grafts depending on the laxity of the scalp. My laxity being very good, it would have been a shame not to do it :) And the clinic was very renowned for it's FUT so I was confident.
According to the doctor, the best strategy to get the most possible grafts is a big FUT, another FUT if the laxity permits it, then a FUE.
With a FUE you harvest the hair randomly in the safe zone, which limits the number of grafts later. With a FUT you basically can take all the grafts you find in the skin flap, and then close.
The cons of the FUT on the other hand are: more pain, more invasive, and obv the presence of a scar.

2. The scar is perfectly flat, it's like the skin around it, except it's -in my case- bald. No problem for shaving.

3. I didn't find the time. I wasn't settled down and moved a lot. Last year I lost my job so I had plenty of time :)

4. My hair is indeed not thin, and it's curly, which are 2 good conditions for best coverage.

It is a life changer. I recovered self-confidence and I'm now free from this hair powder :) I can only recommend it.
Now FUT or FUE, it's really up to you. The only real "issue" with FUT is the scar.

R

Robert24

Thank you so much for your answer Janosch!

I'm glad to read that it was a life changer!

Very interesting to know that you can get more grafts with a FUT. I guess that it makes sense since when you do a FUE, you need to keep enough grafts in the donor area in order to have a minimum density. I guess that with a FUT it's like having all the hair from an area removed.

About the pain, are you talking about pain in the days following the surgery or is it some kind of recurring pain (I hope it is the first!)?
Also, in terms of sensation of the flexibility of your neck, do you now feel like before the operation?

Anyway, thanks again for your answer.

J

janosch

Exactly, basically it's as if you harvested the whole zone completely, but then just remove the skin. Doctor said almost twice as many grafts.

The pain in my case was terrible the first 3 days, but then vanished completely. After 10 days, it's as if there was nothing. Flexibility of the neck was never affected :) Although they ask you to avoid brutal neck movements to protect the scar.

So yes, I feel just like before the surgery, like if nothing had happened.

R

Robert24

Thanks a lot for sharing this with us Janosch, it's very kind of you.