• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

A few questions regarding rogaine

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Hi guys im venturing into the unknown here and need your advice.
Ive just started rogaine foam 3days ago and have been applying it in the crown area away from my grafts to test it, before i go to bed. I have found that its causing my crown to itch, is this normal?..... When i get work done in the crown will the itch affect the grafts?....Will the itch subside?.. also i have a very dry scalp if i wash my hair everyday and bad dandruff so i usually wash it every other day to combat this, but as the rogaine makes my hair stick together and like cardboard i have to wash it out on a morning, do you need to wash it out everyday?
should i give it time or stop any advice appreciated thanks in advance bullit

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
BN,

I used to use rogaine (the liquid kind) on my hair, however, I €™ve stopped now because I didn €™t like putting that crap on my head any more than I liked loosing my hair, so I stopped. However, I appreciate that the foam kind may be less of a hassle. My experience with the liquid kind was that it itched for a few days, then the itch subsided and it was fine. If the itching continues for a prolonged period then I €™d say stop the usage as your skin is clearly irritated by the solution. I can €™t really comment on the washing out of the foam as I €™ve never used it, however, I would suggest that may be you should use it every other day, as in my experience washing your hair every day is a major inconvenience and a bit of a ball ache, plus your itching may be far less.

Last edited:
north country boy

north country boy

Valued member
Hi BN i started on the 2 per cent liquid once a day for 2 weeks then uped it to twice a day for 2 months, had irraitation and flakey skin, changed to 5 per cent foam used it twice a day but hair was too greasy so now im on 5 per cent foam once a day and dont get any irraitation and i wash my hair every other day

how often are you using it once or twice a day, i would maybe use it once a night and give it 2-3 months to see if the irration goes away, but im no doc NCB

bullitnut

bullitnut

thanks guys i think ill give it a little longer as ive only just started it buddy.
Im using it at night at the moment just the once so ill bear with it and see how it goes cheers all

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I would persist a little longer.Two weeks max as the irritation may subside.

If not or it gets inflamed too much i would stop using it immediately.

bullitnut

bullitnut

Cheers bm
its not inflamed or red just a little itchy at the moment ill see how it goes.
Lol glad to see lazer head back

janna

janna

Valuable Member
How's it going now with rogaine foam? Still itchy or has that subsided?

bullitnut

bullitnut

So far so good the itch as gone j.
thanks for asking, just got a question if you dont mind cocka....on the packet it says only to use it on crown and top, so i was curious as to why? and if i was to use it on my front would it be completely useless. so far i have only used it on the crown cheers
:)*nl

Last edited:
timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
BN...

I think it has something to do with clinical trials etc etc... and it only being tested on the crown..

Maybe I am wrong, if so blame NN... its his brain..

I use it once a day (but a double dose) on the crown to just behind my new hairline...

Cant say what its doing for me but do not reallt want to stop as there has been a big improvement... but I tend to think that is the Proscar... but dont want to risk it..

So... I keep rubbing it in...

Timbot