• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Advertising Idea--Attempt to Mimic Nature

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Ok--anyone that knows me understands that I often get certain thoughts into my head and then I ramble. So...I often wondered why more clinics don't use a sort of "template" when performing HT's. Let me explain.

I could envision a very unique marketing/research study done by one or 2 of the larger and better skilled HT clinics. They set up a small booth or exhibit in a very well travelled area.(Mall of America for example) They offer to pay people (say $5) for their troubles to have photos taken of their hair and hairline--the standard shots that we see here for marketing purposes plus close ups of hair placement.

If 1000 people had photos in varying degrees of baldness (NW 3-5) the clinic would be out $5000 plus the lease space dollars. The unique thing is that they now have seen 1000 potential patients (that also see the clinics work on display) and they have 1000 templates to use as reference in future work.

Do you get my drift? They could match a patient to a photo and try to duplicate or copy the exact pattern of hair. Where I see this as most beneficial are the NW 6+ that are content with a "balding look". Bspot has touched upon this in past threads. It is not the standard hairline. It is still natural but essentially just limits a person from looking bald but does not necessarily give them a standard uniform hairline. Can you think of a better way to exact nature? It is like tracing a pattern.

I understand that many other factors come into play such as hair characteristics, etc., but I believe it would come in handy with certain cases. If nothing else, it could be used for great reference.

Just me thinking again.

NN

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
This is a good idea,i could see it working well in the US where HT`s are accepted but in the UK it would not work.

I would guess that if they did this they would attract a fair few patients.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
I agree. The thing that interested me most however is the thought of a physician being able to copy a hairline from a photo by using it as a template.

NN