• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Alternative to the fin after hair transplant?

P

Patro1995

I had side effects after finasteride, many people recommend dutasteride as an alternative in a low dose, of course in liquid form, I'm thinking of ordering a 0.01 dose. Is it enough? I would like to add that I had a hair transplant but the bends themselves, I'm afraid of the middle of the head, so I have to work with something. Yes, I mean 0.01 dose, not 0.1.

The only thing I use now is saw palmetto 340mg

I'm waiting for an answer, thank you.

L

LM_

Valued member
What side effects did you get on fin?

Ive had my fue done 2 months ago but really don't want to risk my health over these medications so not sure what to do...

arthurSam

arthurSam

You must take medication after HT else you will loss all your hair. Have you tried topical fin at 0.01% each day or 0.005% ?

If you have side effects with fin you can try oral minox or perhpas topical spironolactol.

L

LM_

Valued member
You must take medication after HT else you will loss all your hair. Have you tried topical fin at 0.01% each day or 0.005% ?

If you have side effects with fin you can try oral minox or perhpas topical spironolactol.
I don't think this is always true. I've known people to have hair transplants 10+ years ago and the only loss they have had is minimal.

I haven't really looked at topical fin before but sounds alot more safer than oral so might see if this helps. Might start at the lower dose at first and slowly increase if needed. What medications do you take and do you know a good place in the uk that sells topical fin?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Farjo, Sons and hims sell topical I believe.
It is true, not everyone’s hair loss continues but I think the majority do. You can take no meds, monitor your hair for signs of more thinning and then think about meds if it does continue.
Oral Minoxidil is becoming popular with more people trying it. I think if you’re considering both, then a combo topical is a good option.

arthurSam

arthurSam

Did you try Xyon finasteride ? Also I think taking saw palmetto AND fina is not a good thing ... You have to choose between them.

T

Tom80

It is not true for everybody.