• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Are Celebrity Hair Transplants helping increase the number of sub par clinics?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hair transplants - Hair loss cures, they`re on the increase. Celebrities have helped shift the stigma, its not shameful anymore to improve your image or self esteem with a hair transplant. Unfortunately, it has helped bring hair transplants to the attention of many non hair restoration clinics who add it to their portfolio of services. With Fue classed as a minor procedure, more clinics with poorly trained staff think they can perform good FUE hair restoration with minimal training. FUE is a skilled procedure, adequate training is required to produce good natural results. Unfortunately, some know they do bad work but don`t care.

This is where listing companies capitalise. Any clinic who is willing to pay will be listed and promoted. There is no accountability or review of these clinics. They usually have glowing patient testimonials to lure the unsuspecting patient. Read into these reviews what you may, personally I take no notice of them. They are an online directory, nothing more, nothing less.

My advice is never go to a clinic solely on the information listed by these companies, if you see a clinic you like, do more research. Join the forums, ask questions and take your time before deciding.

Your donor hair is precious, don't waste it.

Get it right first time.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Bigmac wrote:
My advice is never go to a clinic solely on the information listed by these companies, if you see a clinic you like, do more research. Join the forums, ask questions and take your time before deciding.

Your donor hair is precious, don't waste it.

Get it right first time.

Good advice dude and i totally agree with your post....it seems that clinics that do Hair transplants as a sideline are popping up everywhere of late and it's frightening to think how many will screw over their patients with sub par work. We say it time and time again that research is the key to getting good results, but now more than ever this is true.
Great post BM

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Fue has opened up the HT industry, unfortunately it's the patients who suffer when they make the wrong decision. It seems like the bad old days have returned.c;;9

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Good point BM I wonder which has the highest percentage in terms of sub par work....poor looking donor zones (ie over harvested or large holes etc) or bad recipient work?

H

hairyscary

I hope not. I would like to believe that people scrutinize the qualifications and experience better now.

A

alucardamro

Unfortunately mainstream is master now so yeah i think that it increases it.

F

Fahri

Great post & advice, I appreciate the honesty & kindness of folks on here to genuinely help each other out.

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic FUE and SMP
Excellent advice!

At Prohairclinic we strive to be transparent and encourage our clients to help others by offering their information on forums.
However, from experience, we know most clients are not keen on presenting information.

They found a solution, they are happy and they get on with life.

P

profilehair01

Yes many celebs use hair transplant. It is a safe process to restore natural hair permanently.

Raphael84

Raphael84

Valued member
Great post BM.
I certainly believe that celebrities have assisted in shifting the stigma of getting a hair transplant. Which is great as opposed to guys feeling that they have to hide for months and create a cover story. I think the FUE “movement” has also contributed to this with the lesser issue of “down time”.

Unfortunately, I do also believe that there is a negative to the celebrity input. Or perhaps it’s just modern culture and the pressure that many feel is accompanied by this, by having to always stay young and image is everything. This puts so much pressure on young guys experiencing hair loss in the age of selfies and Facebook, where they are always on view and constantly being judged for it.

It’s such a shame to see Turkish hair mill clinics being advertised on boards at Premier league/Championship football matches, that are then broadcast to millions of viewers, the vast majority being men, offering complete transplants for 2000 - 3000 pound. We all
know the quality being offered here.
Clever marketing and audience targetting, but morally very wrong on so many levels.

Hence making this forum more important then ever at its effort of education and support for the community.

L

Looking4Locks

Slightly switching gears here but who are the doctors/clinics that celebrities ACTUALLY go to (not the marketing garbage) but the low key places that discreetly service real celebrities?

I’d like to know the name(s) of the clinic(s)/surgeon(s) for once... these names are never disclosed (I understand to an extent) but seriously ... if I’m going to be spending a decent amount of money, I’d like to go to a clinic/surgeon who works on individuals who’s careers DEPEND on immaculate results (as they are always in the public eye )

S

smokeybacon

I think your question is self asking and answering, the ones that do celebrities and don´t publicize don´t care really that they do celebrities because everyone gets the same treatment. I don´t think it matters what you do for a living how good your result should be, that´s nuts.