• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Are my dots too big or Im going crazy? HIS clinic

S

smpBIGdots

Hello, I had 3 sessions with HIS in nyc. Last session was summer 2015. I think dots are getting too big but not sure if they are normal or need more density but at the same time I’m thinking about laser the SMP off since I think I’ve come to terms with hairloss so gym and a tan can be in my future. I’ve worried about this too much!!

I think in my case it’s noticeable. Went to get my beard done 3 times and in 2 cases the barber mentioned SMP. One he said that he saw it in tv and that it looked “tight” and the other that “he had a cousin” that did smp.

I’m always wearing a hat so my smp haven’t got any sun ever. So please take a look at the pics and let me know what would you do. Thanks!

Attachments

• 2CEEDF71-B72A-4922-BCBA-C0024B4EB5CD.jpeg
    2CEEDF71-B72A-4922-BCBA-C0024B4EB5CD.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 630
  • 48C4F1DA-19CD-4268-BEA6-94936C544DAD.jpeg
    48C4F1DA-19CD-4268-BEA6-94936C544DAD.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 661
  • 8533B1E3-E352-4B73-BCBF-0B32F5A52D5D.jpeg
    8533B1E3-E352-4B73-BCBF-0B32F5A52D5D.jpeg
    90.2 KB · Views: 657
  • BDE5853C-EEF2-4366-B6F1-325A322DBFB6.jpeg
    BDE5853C-EEF2-4366-B6F1-325A322DBFB6.jpeg
    153.8 KB · Views: 752
  • 28015658-C661-4A7F-8764-D2EC1D7FA874.jpeg
    28015658-C661-4A7F-8764-D2EC1D7FA874.jpeg
    106.7 KB · Views: 685
bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Dots do look a little big to be honest dude (please be aware I'm viewing on a mobile phone which isn't the best as I'm not home at the minute) but the pictures aren't the best either tbh. Have you any pictures showing them in natural outside light. Have the dots always been large or is it something that's come about with time.... it could be that they have faded somewhat as the density doesnt look the best now.
Myself Ive noticed SMP never looks as sharp after a few years as it does when its first done becuase the ink settles.... but to the general public it will still look natural unless up too close so you could be overthinking things dude (need to see outside pics imo)
My guess is when you put some better pics up outside it will look better and more natural but again I'm on phone so not sure.
It may be that a small top is required thats all...if your local to NYC I would get the advice of Matt Iulo at SMP micro USA he know his stuff and is a great honest guy.

R

Risingforehead

Has anyone seen your SMP in person other than your family, if so what were their thoughts on how it looks? Havent you got someone you could confide in and ask their honest opinion to how it looks in person?

J

Jax

You really shouldn't get this procedure done if you're worried about people talking about SMP or wondering.

Even if you have the best smp, people may still wonder why you shave your head every day.

Yours is actually one of the better ones I have seen. Not a ridiculously straight hairline, But 2d ink can only do so much.

C

cizinec

The dots are definitely large and there seems to be quite a space between them.

The good news is that you can remove that easily with laser and embrace baldness.

B

BobbyBoucher

Hello, I had 3 sessions with HIS in nyc. Last session was summer 2015. I think dots are getting too big but not sure if they are normal or need more density but at the same time I’m thinking about laser the SMP off since I think I’ve come to terms with hairloss so gym and a tan can be in my future. I’ve worried about this too much!!

I think in my case it’s noticeable. Went to get my beard done 3 times and in 2 cases the barber mentioned SMP. One he said that he saw it in tv and that it looked “tight” and the other that “he had a cousin” that did smp.

I’m always wearing a hat so my smp haven’t got any sun ever. So please take a look at the pics and let me know what would you do. Thanks!

If you are happy with it then it does not really matter. If not you have two options.
1. Go to another SMP clinic to repair it.
2. Lazor it off and go for the natural bald look.

If it was me I'd probably go to another SMP clinic who are known for repair work. There are a few around.