• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Best of best hair surgeon for hairline

A

Arthur555

Hi guys,
I am Norwood 3 and I am strongly considering to do an FUE procedure with a top surgeon to restore my frontal hairline.
As all of you are aware, finding the best surgeon for this specific piece of work can be tricky and I really want the best of the best as it is a lifetime surgery. Honestly, I am ready to pay as much as it takes so money is not the issue.
Does anyone know who is/are the best surgeons in the US who combines perfect angle closure, detailed designed of frontal hairline and adequate volume ??
Also I live in London, and I am considering the US because I have always been convinced that they are the best in term of HTS specifically for FUE. Do you agree? Or is there any surgeon as qualified in Europe?
thanks in advance

JoeTillman

JoeTillman

Valued member
I think the idea of finding the "best of the best" is highly subjective. My motto is, "There is no single best hair transplant surgeon in the world, only the best for you".

You'll get lots of opinions, but this is your decision so filter through the suggestions slowly and methodically and learn the WHY someone is considered to be great, not just that they are.

A

Arthur555

Thanks for the advice. Nevertheless, some hair surgeon are more reputed than others specifically concerning frontal hairline art and design.
My message is more focused on questioning names each individual considers as pioneers on this topic in order to refine my research.

JoeTillman

JoeTillman

Valued member
Makes sense, but what is it that YOU are looking for with regards to this subject?

Why do you feel that US based surgeons are better with FUE than their European colleagues? What research has led you to this opinion?

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
I've seen lots of excellent hairline work posted on the forum....in terms of actually seeing work in person I've been lucky enough to see quite a few different clinics work and have been impressed by lots of them. However I must admit I've seen more results in person from Dr Ron Shapiro though as I've been there on several occasions and his hairline work is amazing.....that being said lots of the doctors on here do amazing hairline work.

T

Tilleylamp

There are many good fue clinics all over Europe and the rest of the world. Look through the patient stories in the section below this one or the clinic results themselves. Lots of fine work on show.
What Norwood level are you?

Cosmedica Clinic

Cosmedica Clinic

Cosmedica UK
Arthur555 wrote:
Thanks for the advice. Nevertheless some hair surgeon are more reputed than others specifically concerning frontal hairline « art design ».
My message is more focused on questioning names each individual considers as pioneers on this topic in order to refine my research.

The field of hair restoration is changing all the time, more clinics than ever before have entered. Keep researching until you are 100% with your surgeon of choice.

Shapiro Medical Group

Shapiro Medical Group

Valued member
Email your pictures to several clinics once you`ve made your choices.

Felixe

Felixe

valued member
Arthur 555, did you narrow your choices down to a select group of doctors? I`m looking for hairline work so I`m interested to hear how your research is going

T

TrophyDesuka

My hair transplant for my hair line was at Megahair trans with Doc. Gulten Unveren.

JohnB

JohnB

I think for Norwood 3 level, the most important decision should be about how aggressive you want to go? There is a relationship between the number of grafts and donor hair supply. The more aggressive you go with the hairline, the less donor hair supply you have in the future. But then you can't go too few because it is a lot of effort and money. Therefore, you should build a strategy because if your hair loss progresses, you will need another procedure to cover the new bald area.

I have done research on this subject and prepared this article in my blog. I tried to explain there the relationship and things you should be careful with. I hope it serves you well.

Raphael84

Raphael84

Valued member
@JohnB makes a great point. As @JoeTillman said, you must be completely comfortable with your choice of Doctor based on your personal situation and realistic desired results. I could find several examples of what I view as spectacular hairlines but with a different age, level of loss, family history, hair calibre, donor supply, that particular patients results may not really have too much in relation to me. I have my favourite hairline Drs but they wouldn't necessarily be the same as the next guys.

Obviously visuals are very powerful, and we have to start somewhere. Undoubtedly patients results with photos and documentation are ultimately what provide proof that a particular Dr is achieving consistent quality in an ethical and transparent way. When we have that confidence in a particular Doctor, then we can begin with a consultation and discuss our own personal situation.

J

Jackie Brown

After a few consultation online and personally it´s obvious many Doctors are more concerned to make you feel happy rather than giving advice. It´s not always the way but a good percentage seemed to be more interested in designing a hairline that I liked regardless of air loss stages etc. A few mentioned about planing for the future and my hair loss later in life.

Raphael84

Raphael84

Valued member
@Jackie Brown That it why it is essential to find the most ethical of Doctors, and express to them your concerns. Discuss and understand your probability of further hair loss and outline a potential plan for the future in the event of further hair loss.

The Doctors that you feel more aligned with and who expressed that concern and necessity to plan for the future. Continue speaking with them expressing your concerns further and ask any other question that you may have. This way you can become more and more confident in your choice in Doctor if you decide to undergo surgery.

JohnB

JohnB

There are so many patients in this industry that doctors ave templates of answers for patients and just send them as answers nowadays. It is really hard to find a boutique clinic where you can get the right attention. But still, clinics are really busy with all the new and existing patients, that's why it is always good to work with agencies. They inform you about everything while attending to you pre-during-post surgery. Patients working with agencies get a better process.

S

sachin771

To find the best hair transplant surgeon for your surgery you should research background, training & experience of the surgeon. If the surgeon has published any medical papers then you can say that he has a strong knowledge in his field.

J

Jackie Brown

Raphael I have seen many results from "ethical" Doctors with low hairlines on younger guys that have obviously been done for the buck rather than the ethics. Of course there are always excuses like great donor etc but who knows really. I´m happy waiting and searching until I am happy.
JohnB I saw the link in your reply you are in the hair business?, don´t you think you should have some notice in a signature saying you work in the business to be transparent, same actually Raphael.
As for an agent, personally I would rather talk to the clinic when no one can say the clinic are not responsible for their words like they could with an agent. If they can´t reply properly that is there problem but at least I know what the clinic is like and the material is first hand.

Last edited:
Raphael84

Raphael84

Valued member
@Jackie Brown You are absolutely correct regarding the fact that I should have noted in my signature that I am in a patient advisory role. I have in fact spent many hours in an attempt to find this option amongst the settings, profile settings etc.... I have posted a message via the contact us link on the site in an attempt to get some clarification on how to add it.
If you can help, please let me know.