• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

BHR Clinic - "Hey doc, can this be fixed?"

Raphael84

Raphael84

Valued member
Dr. Bisanga has a long and consistent pedigree when it comes to repair surgery and has changed the lives of many a patient who have made grave errors in their hair transplant choices. Not having surgery is better than poor surgery and here we see the approach of Dr. Bisanga in how he repairs and some snapshots of cases that he has turned around. Buckle up and enjoy the ride and try not to become a victim!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Good video. Hairline repairs are increasing because of the scenarios explained in this video. One problem we have these days is the z listers who get unnatural hairlines but promote the clinic and say how happy they are. This leads to people thinking these hairlines are ok until they realise they've made a big mistake.
The hairline examples in this video from BHR are great. The repair work you guys perform helps so many people.
Out of interest, how many repair patients would you say you do each year?

Reactions: sl
R

Risingforehead

Transplants seem to have gained in popularity the last couple of years due to the rise in reality tv stars getting them.

These shows seem to be aimed at a younger demographic and have a running background theme focusing on looks and the beauty industry.

The stars of such tv shows usually end up getting very poor unnatural and frankly hideous results if you ask me.

Social media sites don't help because these so called tv stars advertise on them causing people to want to follow in the footsteps of their favourite Television personalities.

Good to know that some doctors are experienced and skilled at repairing shoddy workmanship and are willing to take these kind of jobs on, some must be challenging I bet.

Hate being looked at by passers by for loosing my hair but I can't imagine anything worse than being stared at for having a freaky looking hairline.

Raphael84

Raphael84

Valued member
Good question Bigmac.

Whilst every month can be very different from the last, I would suggest that we have 4 - 6 patients each month that present a repair surgery.
Repair surgery covers quite a range from non optimal yield that may require further density into non virgin scalp, to inappropriate hairlines that require grafts to be removed.

Unfortunately, we do have more repair patients than previously and it does really highlight the fact that not all FUE is of equal quality and proceeding with surgery based on cost really does present more risk.

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
Barbies hair looks decent compared to those plugged ones.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
That's a lot of repair patients. If we factor in the ones who I know don't come forward and suffer in silence we have a real problem of too many sub par surgeries taking place.