• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Bigmacs fue into scars with Shapiro Medical Group

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all
After my first two hair transplants with Norton clinic i was left with some poor scars and i had a third vertical scar on my head from an accident.

When i went to Shapiro medical group on 28th April 2008 for my Hair transplant i wanted to have my scars repaired too but due to the position of them i was unable to achieve this.
Reason being i had grafts in my crown and hairline,therefor if i had grafts put into my scars i would of had to sleep standing up as it would have been impossible to sleep without the risk of dislodging some grafts.

I went back to Shapiro medical group on the 16th October 2008 and had Fue grafts placed in my scars.
The surgery was performed by Dr Paul Shapiro.I had the following amount of grafts.

i got 123 grafts total but I got almost as many 3's as 2's. Here's the breakdown:

1 hairs - 19

2 hairs - 49

3 hairs - 43

4 hairs - 12

Total hairs: 294

Apparantly i was a great fue candidate so hopefully all the grafts will grow and help conceal my scars.On my 44 day pictures my hair is buzzed at a #2

extraction area

fuedonor.jpg

recipient and donor area

recipientanddonor.jpg

incisions

incisions.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Grafts

Slide2.jpg

Slide1.jpg

1 day post op

1daypostop.jpg

3 days post op

3dayspost.jpg

3dayspostop.jpg

3dayspostopp.jpg

8 days post op

8dayspostop.jpg

9 days post op

9dayspostopp.jpg

11 days post op

28 days post op dry

28dayspostop.jpg

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
looking good mate and the pictures are extremely clear, very well documented ;)

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Indeed, the pics are very clear. Thanks for posting your progress with FUE.

bullitnut

bullitnut

Hi mate I've added your youtube video I hope you don't mind buddy it's just that I really like the bit at the end that shows the fue extraction and thought it would be good for newbies:)

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Never thanked you BN for adding my video,so heres a belated thank you.

I`ll be buzzing my head to a #1 in two moths time,just the back and sides to see what everything looks like.

B

beardywierdy

What a Tool
Hi mate

Did they extract hair from the nape of the neck?

Nice post op haircut by the way - nearly as good as my village idiot look when they undercut the fringe.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi BW

Some nape hairs were extracted as i requested them.

As for my haircut,tell me about it. ;;D

B

beardywierdy

What a Tool
That's interesting- is it safe to take hairs from the nape?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Some say it is and some say it isn`t as its not classed as a safe zone area.

As long as the patient is fully aware of this and knows the risks there is no problem imo.

I`m 40 and my nape hair has not receeded one bit so i`m pretty sure it will be ok.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
A picture showing the grafts growing in my vertical scar.

DSC02883.jpg

janna

janna

Valuable Member
That's a really zoomed in pic.....but it's nice and clear. You can definately see the hairs growing through the scar. If someone is looking at you from behind - at normal distance - can the scar be seen? One thing we pointed out when Dr. Paul was making incisions and I was planting, the hairs surrounding your verticle scar grew away from the scar, something like parting of the red sea, which prominently displays your scar even greater. BM wasn't too bothered about the scar being on show - I think it bothered us more. Anyway, great to see an update. You're about 8 months along with the fue, right?

bullitnut

bullitnut

blimey thats one hell of a camera too zoom in that close or youve got a huge head::}{:looking good pal

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Bn and Janna.

Bn,i have a huge head,lol

Janna you are correct that my native hair grows away from my scar due to the way the hospital closed it up.

If my hair is around a #5 grade i can easily conceal the scar by combing my hair over it, its a lot less visible now with the Fue grafts sprouting out.

I am only at 8 months so i have have more growth to follow hopefully.

bm.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Another scar picture at 7 ish months.

DSC02882.jpg

plus a surgery picture

Slide3.jpg

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi Bm.

That's a nice, clear, close up of your 7 months pic - can you take one of a little further away so we can see can a better idea of the full effect?

Thanks for posting the updates.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
Norton also started my bad HT experience, cant wait to get fixed.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to hear you were Nortonised.

We should start a club.

Anyway i hope you are able to get a repair surgery.Have you any pictures of your current situation.

Thanks bm.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
I will do b4 and after pics after I get fixed, I been a bit depressed about it, now that I'm moving forward with being repaired I'm sure things will start to get better.