• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Biotin & vitamin shampoo experiences/recommendations?

A

Ace

Valued member
Hi,
Does anyone on here have experience of using biotin or other similar vitamin shampoos? Any recommendations? I've done some research and it appears some people have experienced improvements from these types of products...?
Also, does anyone have any experience of using 'FAST' shampoo/conditioner to speed up re-growth? I've been using it for a couple of weeks and it's too early to tell if it's having an impact... It does seem to 'strip' my hair of natural oils and leave it feeling dry though.
To add a little context, I'm 1 month post-op my second FUE procedure, in the 'ugly duckling phase and (you guessed it) trying to speed-up re-growth of my native hair (and improve the quality) as much as possible so that I can start getting back to 'normal'.
Thanks in advance for any comments/opinions/recommendations.
Ace

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Personally, I don`t think these shampoo`s speed up or create growth. I think you`re better off taking Biotin pills and MSM pills to accelerate growth. They are cheap to buy.As for shampoos, a good volumising one that thickens the hair shaft is what I`d go for.
It would be great if you posted your HT journey in the patient section.
Cheers Bm.

A

Ace

Valued member
Thanks Bigmac. Yes, I'm somewhat skeptical about the shampoos but am going to persevere with FAST as I shelled out £30 for the shampoo and conditioner... I'm taking MSM, Biotin, Berocca, vVtabiotics +Hair, vit B complex, cod liver oil, vit D tablets daily (yes, i'm a vitamin junkie!). I'm planning to share my HT progress at the weekend when I hit the 1 month mark. Cheers, Ace

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You're taking everything, hopefully they work for you. I watched a program on these shampoo claims that they help promote growth, all were dismissed as not doing anything. You may as well use what you have.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
This remind me of when i visited my twin brother a few months back, he's bald and lives under a cap due to self confidence issues but when i used his bathroom i noticed some weird and wonderful hair restoration shampoo on his shelf.....i had to feel for him as he's obviously a believer in the hype/sales bumth;;D
It sounds like your taking a good vitamin regime though and i hope it helps.....Biotin and msm are good for general hair health imo and are worth taking.

StevenL

StevenL

I've had some good hair regrowth using Biotin. It takes more than 6 months of consistent use though!