• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Britains Snow

C

Cr1

Valued member
Its the worst we have had in ages, god their cancelling something like 300 flights tommorow and over 700 schools in the uk will be closed. Sadly my one will be in ::;mb

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thats too bad you aint getting the day off.

As for the snow,you`d think we never had any before.The country grinds to a halt which is stupid.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Im like a child when it comes to snow lol, i like to snowball everyone and everything( boo hoo cant because of my ht this time), but ive enjoyed rallying my clapped out old diesel fiesta everywhere what a big kid i am

R

roadley14

Valued member
it is stupid but i love it 4 days off college wooop

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Minnesota typically gets tons of snow each year so our road and plow system runs like a well oiled machine. I have family in the state of Virginia, which barely receives any snow so when it does snow - the whole state seems to shut down for days on end. I guess it's a matter of being prepared and having the resources to address it.

Glad you guys are having fun with the snow.

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
The sad thing is that we all had to work last Monday and Tuesday as we were called in to clear the snow at a couple of sites....

What makes me wonder is that all our guys (who drive normal cars), two lorries, equipment etc etc, some from miles away arrived before 9am.... yet even their local staff cried off saying it was impossible to get there !!

I think most people used it as an excuse for an extended weekend......sometimes I think we get what we deserve... the Dunkirk spirit that made this country what is was seems to have well and truly vanished...

Still.... we may have been cold on the day but the nice big bill to the local council will keep us nice and warm.....

Anyway... thats enough moaning from this old fart... will shut up now !!

TimuK

Last edited:
Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
I was personally a big fan of the snow last week as I actually had a good excuse not to go to work for a change. I was saddened to see people moaning about the snow and the politicians on the TV moaning that the economy was loosing billions of pounds as a result of people not going to work. I personally started the day by sledging with my niece and nephew down a rather big hill and then finished by creating a rather excellent snowman. I wasn €™t the only person doing this as lots of mums and dads were off work and sledging also. I felt that the snow gave me and others the opportunity to spend some quality and fun time with their relations and that this was worth the economy loosing billions of pounds. Money cannot buy those sorts of memorys.

Shang

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
"sledging" Are those 2 typos or is that what you guys call it??

NN

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
well thats what we call it in the welsh valleys NN, suppose it's called turbo-tobogganing over there or something similar?

timuk

timuk

Shang....

Your right...those kind of memories are priceless....money just cant buy them..

There are some priceless memories I have.... that can be bought... one springs to mind... a lap dancing club in Lithuania... it was a cold December evening when we arrived, we were greeted at the door by... ops... (better stop there)....

Seriously though.... money just cant buy those great family moments...

Tim :)

PS...NN

Wales is a great country, full of great people. Its the sort of place where Men are "real" men, Women are "real" women and sheep are "real" nervous !!

Last edited:
Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Thanks for the interpretation. Sledging here is essentially what happens if you borrow money from a guy named Vito and can't pay him back.

We have those areas here too where the sheep are nervous. Careful of those toothless, slow witted types wearing coveralls and playing a banjo.

NN

Last edited:
timuk

timuk

Down South its snowing again tonight...

Looks like more chaos for tomorrow....

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Its snowing here too,had a lot of snow today.Great fun i love it.

Built three snowmen with my son.

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
Nervousnelly wrote:
We have those areas here too where the sheep are nervous. Careful of those toothless, slow witted types wearing coveralls and playing a banjo.

NN

That's frightening that, it sounds like you've just described me exactly. I think my

appearance must be attributed to mass interbreeding. It's not easy for me having a mum which is also my auntie. *nl

Last edited:
L

littlemiss

Valued member
Yep, CR1! We've not seen snow like it for years!

I was about twelve years old, the last time I remember it, how we had it last week! It was nice at first, but the novelty soon wore off!

Last edited: