• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Buying Finasteride

Baldspot

Baldspot

Valued member
I posted this on the old PB forum so thought I should post it again in case it's of interest to UK guys.

I get my Finasteride via private prescription from my GP and I just got some more today (pic attached) and it cost £5.99 for 28 pills (2 blister packs of 14) so when quartered = 112 days supply.

Attachments

• Fin.jpg
    Fin.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,321
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for posting that Baldspot as its really helpful,very cheap too.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Wow, that is really cheap. I believe the only way it'd be that cheap here in the states is if the prescription was covered under one's insurance. And most insurance companies will not cover it unless it's used to treat the prostate. When we call it in for our patients, we do not state it's for treating prostate that it's for hair loss because we cannot be defrauding the insurance companies so our patients are paying much more than you guys for Proscar. It is nice now that 1mg & 5mg finasteride is available in the generic form.....much cheaper for everyone.

C

citrus

Hi,

So get a private prescription ...then where do you get this stuff from ..any local pharmacy or is it cheaper to get it online.... ?

I guess getting the prostate treatment means getting the 5mg generic and quartering it .....so we end up with slightly more than 1mg ...so end up with slightly more side effects ?

talks of 1% erectile disfunction etc ....anything else to watch out for ?

Cheers

citrus

D

dontcare

Today I went to my GP and got a private prescription for Finasteride but all the pharmacies in my area are quoting me prices at around £100+ for three months supply.

How come your was so cheap?

Last edited:
C

citrus

go back and get 5mg finisteride ...that prices up as ~ £5 as it is actual prostate medicine.

if the docter gave you 1mg finisteride then that registers as hair loss and the bill is £100 !

boots and co are legal drug dealers !

A

adexcube

How can I persuade my GP to prescribe a prostate medicine? Last time they give me a Finasteride prescription which costs 100 quid!

Cheers

C

citrus

explain to your doctor that this is common for other doctors to do (prescribe the higher dose privately) as it is a factor of 20 cheaper !

maybe quote this forum ..

they should understand your motivation but if they are wont play dice ... try one of the other doctors in teh practice or try and make friends with a GP outside of your practice.

J

jadran008

Maybe the better solution is minoxidil (rogaine). It is the most widespread and most important medicine that treats all types of baldness, and so far has proved to be the most effective. Price is about 25 quid.

Regain Hair Loss

T

tahirsplace

Hi,

First I would make it clear that I am not posting this message as a means of business or money making. I recently purchased over a years supply (3 Packs - 420 days to be precise) supply of Proscar/Finasteride. I have made the personal decision not to take the meds since I realise that to obtain it's benefits I would have to take it for the long term and to be honest I am not very good with keeping to a routine and don't think I would be able keep up with it. Yes I should have thought about that before I purchased them but yeah. I'm fine with just leaving them in my cupboard but I thought perhaps it may be some use to someone else because I know that all doctors do not prescribe the drug happily.

Hence if anyone is interested feel free to let me know and I can give you some more details on price etc, since I have no use for them I am happy to make a loss on the product. They are in original packaging and were purchased legally through a doctor/chemist. I can post from London.

sun123

sun123

I have just convinced my GP to give me a prescription for Finasteride 5mg tablets. Explained my situation and the research I have done he was then happy to give me a prescription. Just cost me £7.40 (normal nhs prescription price) for 28 tablets

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I agree, great price.

Hopefully more GP`s will start prescribing it.

B

beardywierdy

What a Tool
Nice one Lawson. I have been doing that for a while now and it has saved me £s.

BW

D

doesanythingwork

I've been using Fistide for getting in for a year from these people.

http://www.unitedpharmacies-uk.com/product.php?productid=428&cat=&page=1

It seems very cheap ( £15 for 120 days), although I've not seen any benefit. When I researched it people seemed to think these were a legit source.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
By no benefit, do you mean no regrowth or your hairloss has progresssed further since taking this.

D

doesanythingwork

Bigmac wrote:
By no benefit, do you mean no regrowth or your hairloss has progresssed further since taking this.

I would say that I've lost a bit of hair in the last year. Actually I'd say that I feel I've lost hair at the same slow rate for about 16 years irrespective of medication (which has been mainly minoxidil but a year ago I tried to up the regime by adding finasteride, nizoral and Spectral DNC-L)

T

tahirsplace

Would anyone like to purchase propecia/proscar/finasteride? I have a years supply available in original packaging sourced from a legitimate source. I am willing to sell for cheap as I have no need for it. Pfizer. Let me know thanks.