• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Can diabetes cause hair loss?

A

abiaamir

People suffering from diabetes can face a range of health issues, hair loss being one of them. Although hair loss can be caused by a variety of factors such as stress, hormonal imbalance, underlying medical conditions, hair loss due to elevated sugar levels in people remains very common around the world.
Some people may confuse natural hair loss due to regrowth cycle with a developing hair loss condition. So, it is best that you refrain from self-diagnosis and consult a hair loss expert to properly evaluate your condition.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
High blood sugar levels damage small blood vessels. This damage can lead to less oxygen and fewer nutrients reaching the hair follicles which may have an effect on your hair such as thinning or brittle hair.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
I have a family member who has pretty poorly controlled Diabetes, he really struggles with it and his hair is thinning significantly of late, i actually told him it could be related to his Diabetes once and he shrugged it off as rubbish.......wish i could show him this thread he might actually believe me.

M

mania

I think the diabetics can cause of hair loss but it might be vary from person to person ...

S

sachin771

If you are facing high levels of blood sugar then it may cause hair loss. Hair loss due to diabetes can be controlled by monitoring blood sugar levels on regular intervals, taking balanced diet & exercising regularly.