• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Can I get a hair transplant mixed opinions from clinics

A

AA86

Hi

im 35 and my hair had been shedding since 26/27. I’ve used minoxidil and hair growth shampoo but they never worked

I’ve contacted few clinics in Turkey regarding transplants. Some doing fue, sapphire fue and dhi methods.
Now most of them want you to book ASAP and give you 1 year to attend. But they like sales person and tell you the offer will expire tomorrow and you just book ASAP

Most of them have said I’m a suitable candidate apart from one clinic which said the following.
You are not suitable as the surgery can damage you old hair.

The reason is that there are not enough spaces to open new channels.
The damage percentage will be 50%.
Damage percentage means opening a new channel inside an old one.
In this case, we will lose the old and new grafts as well.
this is the main reason.

Any advise please. I’m thinking the old hair from top May fall out later as it’s still falling and leave patches if I have transplanted hair ontop which will not fall.

CF262535-25A8-4729-B781-EA2ABD545006.jpeg

377A98B7-FA42-404D-8DAD-F7D2ABBFA176.jpeg

Raphael84

Raphael84

Valued member
Hi @AA86

Based on the photos that you have provided above, the concern would be a heightened risk of "shockloss". Especially considering the fact that (as far as I can gather) you do not currently use any hair loss preventative medication.

Shockloss generally occurs when the native hair is in a weakened condition and isn't strong enough to resist the “trauma” of your procedure. In the majority of cases, the native hair will grow back in approximately 3/4 months time (sometimes longer). However, if some follicles are in the latter stages of the miniaturisation process, it is possible that this hair will not have the strength to return, and would therefore be lost.

As you appear to have experienced a diffuse pattern of loss throughout a larger area, your density has declined. This presents surface area that new sites could be made to increase density and place grafts amongst your native hair.

The photo that you have provided appears to be wet or with some product. This will further expose your scalp and potentially make your situation appear worse than a photo with dry hair would. You have retained a good amount of hair and in your case, you really do require a quality surgeon to ensure that no damage is done to your native hair.

Hair growth shampoo is a fallacy without real supporting evidence. Medication in your case pre surgery to stabilise would be a sensible option to consider and if you were to respond well to finasteride, you may even be able to recover some lost hair, strengthen weakened hair and may not feel the need to proceed with surgery.

My advice would be to not rush into anything, and ideally meet you preferred surgeon for a thorough consultation before committing to any surgery.

Last edited:
A

AA86

Thanks for the reply. It is difficult to speak to a surgeon direct.
I did use minoxidil 5% and dermer roller, ant dht shampoo. But saw no gains after 1- 1 1/2 full year of use

I currently just use alphasen caffeine shampoo.

M

mazalov_an

Hi AA86, sadly Caffeine Shampoo will do nothing to prevent your hair loss. It will just give it temporary volume aesthetically after washing your hair. Only two FDA approved medications will help you with hair - Finasteride & Minoxidil.

PRP, Laser, etc. will likewise do next to nothing except make you poorer (take it from me who has been conned into doing both). Do not be fooled by anyone, greedy and unethical doctors included, into investing vulgar sums of money into this crap.

Take Raphael’s advice.

M

mazalov_an

And your hair for 35 is really not so bad! Best of luck.

A

AA86

Thanks
Tbh il rather not try finasteride, i purchased finasteride and topical minoxidil a few years ago from the us, but after speaking to the pharmacy regarding my concerns they said as I was so worried I would for sure experience all the sides that I was worried off so never used it, also they said if you trying for a baby it’s not suitable for me or my partner

Philw

Hi mate
I would not have a transplant at all
There is a very high chance u will be chasing ur hairloss ie
U have a transplant in the areas u want,which could trigger off more hairloss,so u need more transplants etc etc
U could end up looking worse
My opinion is go on some kind of hairloss treatment ie meds or topical
Then get a good haircut then use matt styling products to make hair appear fuller

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
I remember my hair being similar to yours and I was thinking I need a hair transplant until the members on here helped me with some great advice. I started using Finasteride and went through a few ups and downs before I knew it was working.
The main advice I can suggest is it`s risky having a hair transplant if the rest of your hair might fall out.
You can see how Fin helped me on my post.

A

AA86

Read through your post, you hair looks great and the finasteride has worked
but I would rather stay away from it, is there anything similar like biotin, does that work as well ?

Philw

Hi mate soz to jump in
There is topical finesteride that I've heard is better,ie less side effects and better regrowth
But it has to be applied every day or maybe 3× a week so could be a pain in the arse for u
Other things out there dont really work to be honest
Maybe go to a good barbers who can work with u and ur hairloss give u a haircut to hide the thinness
There is hair fibres and concealers that are good but again pain in the arse to apply,the fibres are the best as it is easier to apply
Again hair transplant is something not to look into just yet, I think u could regret it and it could have the potential to make u look worse

A

AA86

Thanks for the advise

This is the reply I got from dr cinik clinic

This is a common myth. The hair grafts do not get damaged as long as they have have enough life span and the work is done properly by an experienced doctor. If you go to a safe place then your grafts will not be damaged. Shock hair loss is normal and to expect however it doesn't meant that your existing hair are damaged. This can shock your hair grafts, along with the surrounding existing hair. Rarely, is there ever a risk of permanent damage and in those cases, it is usually the surgeon's lack of experience that is responsible. As long as the grafts stay in place, you have nothing to worry about.

You can strengthen your hair with supplements, prp therapy or hair laser therapy to reduce the risk of shock hair loss after the transplant. One session of laser therapy and prp therapy are included in your price. Then you can repeat them every 3 months in your home country

A

AA86

Tbh the thinning on top I normally comb in across side parting to hide it. The receding hair line and bigger forehead is what annoys me more. Maybe I can just get the hair line done and not touch the top for now? But will they charge the full amount

Philw

The risk with that is if u get the hairline done u could thin behind the transplants meaning u have to have more behind the transplants and so on so u could be chasing
If u are not concerned about thinning on the top and u just want a hairline to frame ur face
Make sure it is a mature hairline that suits ur face and as u age also make sure the angles of the transplants lay flat to ur scalp so if u cut hair short on top to hide the thinness better the hairline will blend in with the top
Now u said that u are not worried about the top and u just want a hairline to frame face u could be in a good position BUT make sure u speak to the dr about any concern
Dont rush into this as I know it is so easy to do

Philw

I had 3 hair transplant all I had was a receded hairline and every time I had shock loss after each transplant causing me more issues and gaps around transplants
I went to a TOP dr aswell

Philw

I try not to mention drs names now
Causes problems on the forums
Lets just say it was a top dr in New York

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
Read through your post, you hair looks great and the finasteride has worked
but I would rather stay away from it, is there anything similar like biotin, does that work as well ?

Topical Finasteride solutions or Oral Minoxidil.
Biotin only makes existing hair grow quicker.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the advise

This is the reply I got from dr cinik clinic

This is a common myth. The hair grafts do not get damaged as long as they have have enough life span and the work is done properly by an experienced doctor. If you go to a safe place then your grafts will not be damaged. Shock hair loss is normal and to expect however it doesn't meant that your existing hair are damaged. This can shock your hair grafts, along with the surrounding existing hair. Rarely, is there ever a risk of permanent damage and in those cases, it is usually the surgeon's lack of experience that is responsible. As long as the grafts stay in place, you have nothing to worry about.

You can strengthen your hair with supplements, prp therapy or hair laser therapy to reduce the risk of shock hair loss after the transplant. One session of laser therapy and prp therapy are included in your price. Then you can repeat them every 3 months in your home country

Whoever it is replying to you obviously does not know much about hair transplants. I see they mention an experienced surgeon. Would it be the experienced surgeon making all the incisions or doing all the planting.

Raphael has provided you excellent advice which is factual and correct.

If you go ahead with surgery without your hair loss stabilised there is a good chance you’ll continue to lose native hair. I’ve spoken to countless people who were encouraged to go for it without thinking what lies ahead in the future. These same patients deeply regret jumping in because 2-3-4 years later their hair loss has accelerated leaving them with an unnatural look and in some cases, no donor reserves.

Just take your time researching. This is a big life changing decision.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Quote.
Some doing fue, sapphire fue and dhi methods.

FUE is follicular unit extraction which means the follicles are extracted one at a time with a circular/cylindrical punch.
Sapphire part of sapphire fue refers to the tool they use to make an incision. It’s a tool with a sapphire tip that they use to cut into your scalp/skin.
An incision is the cut or hole that is made in the skin prior to a graft being placed into it.
Most clinics will use a custom cut blade that is similar to a razor blade to make the incisions.
Some will use a needle specially designed for this.
The correct name for an incision is an incision and not a channel. I believe channel came about due to translation issues.
DHI refers to the implantation part of an fue surgery.
DHI is an i planter pen. The grafts are loaded into a pen. Then they are inserted into the scalp.
They may be inserted into a pre made incision (sapphire) or they may be inserted directly into the scalp without any incisions made (DHI)
Ask these clinics you consult with to explain the difference between the above and why one is more expensive than the other.

A

AA86

I have been researching and asking questions. Every clinic apart from one said I can do the transplant now. If it’s an issue placing new grafts too close to existing hair then how do so many people with thinning get it done.
im most likely to go with dr cinik

this is something I’ve found on his page. My hair is much more thinner too

Attachments

• 30223753-1236-47E0-AA3E-7A71EB9D9A3D.png
    30223753-1236-47E0-AA3E-7A71EB9D9A3D.png
    558 KB · Views: 98
  • C14F2E51-BEF7-4F2E-B550-F8D8F4297CC0.jpeg
    C14F2E51-BEF7-4F2E-B550-F8D8F4297CC0.jpeg
    366.8 KB · Views: 86