• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Can I get a hair transplant mixed opinions from clinics

A

AA86

Quote.
Some doing fue, sapphire fue and dhi methods.

FUE is follicular unit extraction which means the follicles are extracted one at a time with a circular/cylindrical punch.
Sapphire part of sapphire fue refers to the tool they use to make an incision. It’s a tool with a sapphire tip that they use to cut into your scalp/skin.
An incision is the cut or hole that is made in the skin prior to a graft being placed into it.
Most clinics will use a custom cut blade that is similar to a razor blade to make the incisions.
Some will use a needle specially designed for this.
The correct name for an incision is an incision and not a channel. I believe channel came about due to translation issues.
DHI refers to the implantation part of an fue surgery.
DHI is an i planter pen. The grafts are loaded into a pen. Then they are inserted into the scalp.
They may be inserted into a pre made incision (sapphire) or they may be inserted directly into the scalp without any incisions made (DHI)
Ask these clinics you consult with to explain the difference between the above and why one is more expensive than the other.
Thanks, I have been researching into the methods. The problem is you can’t speak to a doctor direct, each clinic has there own views. They can tell you all the right info and procedure but when you`re in surgery who knows what they doing what tools etc

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, I have been researching into the methods. The problem is you can’t speak to a doctor direct, each clinic has there own views. They can tell you all the right info and procedure but when you`re in surgery who knows what they doing what tools etc

This is why you should be 100% confident that the clinic you choose is the right one for you. I often see people asking after surgery, "did I get X amount of grafts"
Placing grafts into diffuse hair takes a lot of skill and attention to detail. Whoever places your grafts, will they be using high magnification?
If you have diffuse hair loss and you undergo a hair transplant, over time the hair in the donor area and the transplanted hair will become thinner without meds.

Philw

For ur situation u need to go on meds first to strengthen everything
Then maybe a transplant
I know it's not what u want to hear but we try to be as honest as we can on this forum

D

DavisRose

Hair follicle trauma is caused by the excisions and incisions made to the scalp during the hair transplant process. Weak hair that`s already diffused by DHT has a high chance of not growing back. This is why a diffuse thinner runs the risk of permanent shock loss and why they are advised to stabilize it before surgery.

A

AA86

Hi I had a reply from dr turan fue capillar
Do you think I have dupa, I asked ny gp and he said my hair would have fell out very quickly if that was the case. But when I’m having a shower I do notice when I rub the hairs on back and side of head they also fall out like hairs on top of head.

I will try to make a appointment with dermatologist anyone know any local to London area?
After assessing your photos, Dr. Turan has indicated the following:
1) You seem to be suffering diffuse alopecia in your recipient area.
2) In your donor area, the parietal areas just right above the ears seem to be affected by the hair loss or the density in much lower than other areas.

Dr. Turan recommends you visit a dermatologist to assess your donor area to identify if by any chance you are starting to suffer DUPA (diffuse unpatterned alopecia).

DUPA can´t be diagnosed by photos and it requires an analysis with trichoscope by a dermatologist or trichologist.