• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

can this be done

garageland

garageland

Valued member
Yes from another Norton victim I wish you all the best with your upcoming procedure. As Topcat said hair looks high enough to be able to cover all the bad work. Thankfully you only went to him once I went back for more.

Good luck to you and look forward to hearing about your experience.

garageland

garageland

Valued member
Hi Jake,

Yes I saw that he was also in The Sun I remember reading it during my lunch break and I felt genuinely ill at the prospect that he had been let loose on my head twice.

The first time he managed to combine an artery with a vain and I had a golf ball sized lump along the scar line which is still incredibly painful to touch even now.

I hope you get a successful conclusion with your surgery.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
He was also a Morphine addict and served time in jail and glassed someone in the face in a pub.

J

jake19800

Valued member
hi all

just a up date . im flying to turkey on Tuesday 9th sept and be having my ht on Wednesday 10th oct with dr hakan doganya looking forward to it. I think im more nervous about coming back to the uk without the system lol.I will let you no how it all goes on when I get back home next weekend

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
All the best Jake, I'll look forward to hearing all about your Ht.

topccat29

topccat29

29 year HT veteran
Hope everything goes smoothly for you and looking forward to the update.

Focus on the long term gain. Everything else that happens along the way are just moments in time, good or bad they will pass.

Good luck ;)

Last edited:
timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
All the best .... Being a victim of a similar clinic, not Norton but The Hair Clinic at John Bell & Croydon (strangely enough they are in Wigmore Street, should have been a clue !) I have been where you are... I did try a system , looked ok but made them take it off after a couple of days, decided that I did not want to be a slave to the system for the rest of my life !!

Took the plunge and had a repair ... Changed my life ...

Do start the meds asap .. Propicia / fin & Rogaine ... They worked for me ... I know only too well as stopped taking them for months and wished I hadn't ... back on them now !!

Have a good trip and am sure all will be good ...

Timbo

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
Mmmmmmm, I went for a consult at The Hair Clinic at John Bell & Croydon, they turned me away which was ethical, but I ended up with Norton, so out of the frying pan and into the Potassium fire!

timuk

timuk

When was that ... I had my bad ht when I was about 26 ... that was 22 years ago ... which means it was around 1992

Timbo

Last edited:
Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
Think I saw them in early-mid 1997 and ended up with Norton in May time 1998

timuk

timuk

No mate... Not mad just worried about your hair...

I would die for hair like I had back then... Was only just going a bit thin at the front and no-one except me even noticed... even my hairdresser at the time said I must have been seeing things....

The only person who said I had a problem was the bloody rep who visited me at home.... When I answered the door I remember him saying he was here to see Tim.... he didn't think I was the one he was visiting !!!!!

But after I told him and he spent 60 seconds with a magnifying glass he suddenly changed his mind and agreed with me that I had a problem....

20 mins later after booking me in for my ht 2 days later, giving him a deposit and signing the finance forums I was on a path that would screw my life up for the next 15 years ....

I hate them :)

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
timuk wrote:
20 mins later after booking me in for my ht 2 days later, giving him a deposit and signing the finance forums I was on a path that would screw my life up for the next 15 years ....

I hate them :)

Such an easy mistake dude made out of desperation, and one that takes minutes to make and years to rectify or come to terms with::;mbas we all know Thats why research is essential and it's so important newbies realize this.

timuk

timuk

Yep....

I have heard it so many times.... Research, research, research....

But you just can't do enough of it.....

I often wonder if the internet had been around back then if I would have made the same mistake.....

But it's around now and people are still being had over like I and thousands of guys did back then....

I have always thought that if this forum and you guys can just get one person to make the right choice and save them from the butchers it's fantastic....

But as I know.... you've saved loads of people the misery of being scared for life...

¬b` ¬b` ¬b`

topccat29

topccat29

29 year HT veteran
Tim I think it would be easy to make exactly the same mistake. One only needs to read the forums and see those that are of the same age we were when we made the mistakes we made by thinking we knew something and/or that we could trust others. Having better judgment sometimes only comes with age.

Granted there is more information and it €™s is very easy for long time patients to understand it all much better, but for young guys or older guys new to the industry it is thoroughly confusing. They have a very hard time figuring it out as it all becomes too much information coming from so many different people seeming to be working an angle.

And for some..... they simply do not believe one must spend much time on the research believing that it is simply a medical procedure when it is much more then that.

Last edited:
Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
It was the same with me, nobody noticed any hairloss on me at all, I only had a bit of thinning at the temples, barely anything, I still haven't lost much now, native hair only a cm or so further back in the temples.

I even bottled out the first time and drove home, only to be hounded by Norton over the phone offering discounts etc, and somehow I ended up back there, I really don't know how I ended up back there, but the 45 min operation changed my life and I knew it immediately afterwards.

timuk

timuk

I've just remembered something that I've not written down before.....
I stayed with my parents the night before going to the clinic in London... as they lived in North London.... both my mum and stepdad both tried to talk me out of it... they offered me the same money I was going to pay for my ht to buy a car or a holiday of a lifetime.... but I was adamant.... I sat up late chatting to my stepdad... in the end I was almost convinced not to do it... He made me promise that I should insist on seeing someone who had had the procedure and also sent me off in the morning with a list of questions....
I had it in my head that unless I was 110% positive it's want I wanted I was going to walk away.... I was so nervous when I arrived.... Almost shaking, in fact I think I was....
Within in minutes of being there I asked someone if I could have a chat before the procedure ... all that happened was a nurse appeared with a couple of what I assume was Valium... told me that I looked too nervous and needed to calm down.... and passed my the pills with a glass of water... I was then left there for 20 mins... The question I had about seeing a patient and the list I had in my pocket forgotten about .... a few hours later I was walking out with a bandage and a bobble hat over my what I now know to be my butchered head...
Getting angry now ;;::::/

timuk

timuk

I've just remembered something that I've not written down before.....
I stayed with my parents the night before going to the clinic in London... as they lived in North London.... both my mum and stepdad both tried to talk me out of it... they offered me the same money I was going to pay for my ht to buy a car or a holiday of a lifetime.... but I was adamant.... I sat up late chatting to my stepdad... in the end I was almost convinced not to do it... He made me promise that I should insist on seeing someone who had had the procedure and also sent me off in the morning with a list of questions....
I had it in my head that unless I was 110% positive it's want I wanted I was going to walk away.... I was so nervous when I arrived.... Almost shaking, in fact I think I was....
Within in minutes of being there I asked someone if I could have a chat before the procedure ... all that happened was a nurse appeared with a couple of what I assume was Valium... told me that I looked too nervous and needed to calm down.... and passed my the pills with a glass of water... I was then left there for 20 mins... The question I had about seeing a patient and the list I had in my pocket forgotten about .... a few hours later I was walking out with a bandage and a bobble hat over my what I now know to be my butchered head...
Getting angry now ;;::::/

timuk

timuk

Topcat....

It's a real shame... but what you wrote is so very true :(